Limit daily Wi-Fi time for a user across multiple devices?

• If I create a profile for my daughter in the Family section and she has three devices linked to her profile, is there a way to set a daily time limit for her Wi-Fi access across those three devices?

Thanks!

• Also interested in this feature.

• Hi @Scott-Hubbard - are you referring to setting up Quiet Time (step #6 in this article) Parental Controls?

https://help.amplifi.com/hc/en-us/articles/236157927-Family-Profiles-and-Parental-Controls

• First schedule wifi on/off ?

• @Scott-Hubbard The time limits are applied per profile, so in this situation even though all of the devices are your daughters, you would want to separate them into different profiles, say labeling them based on what times of day they are restricted, then apply the limits from there.

• Thank you for the feedback. If I put each device on a profile, is it true that I can only set the start and stop time for Wi-Fi access per device and not apply a time limit (for example, can I give my daughter the ability to access her iPad from 8am to 8pm, but limit it to an hour of usage)?

Thanks,
    Scott

• @Derek-Saville Yes. That is the feature I was referring to. I am looking for total time parameters in addition to being able to limit screen time during the time my daughter has access to Wi-Fi. is there a function that limits screen time per day, for example one hour, during the time that I give my daughter access to Wi-Fi?

• I am looking for total time parameters in addition to being able to limit screen time during the time my daughter has access to Wi-Fi

Hi @Scott-Hubbard - great idea

is there a function that limits screen time per day, for example one hour, during the time that I give my daughter access to Wi-Fi?

Not built in to the AmpliFi parental controls

Since you are using an iOS device you can set daily time duration limits on a category (i.e. all social media apps) or on a per app basis using the Screen Time + App Limit feature

The daily duration Apple Screen Time App Limit resets every day at midnight and you can set a 4 digit pass code to lock them

If you combine this with the AmpliFi Quiet Time settings then the device will only have internet access during the hours you set, and the iOS device can limit the daily duration of usage per app

You will need to at least set the Quiet Time to start at midnight though, or the user will get another duration limit of usage if they are up past midnight...