Faster WAN port...

• I know the Alien is brand new, but the competing Orbi has a 2.5Gb (still not even clear on how this is done, lol) WAN port, which sounds a bit more future-proof for those lucky enough to currently have a gigabit service. Of course, one would also have to have a modem that spit out 2.5Gb to take advantage of this, but it would royally suck to have such a high-end(and priced) bit of tech end up bottle-necking your speeds if the ISP ran a promo that bumped past the the current gigabit plateau! Think the way Arris gets past the 1Gb barrier is by having a pair of gigabit ports that can be bridged together on the back of their modems, which makes this move to a 2.5Gb port sound even further appealing, but we'll just have to wait and see on that. Still would rather have this over the Orbi...

• @thinkambient Thanks for the suggestion, I do not think we will be seeing anything over 1Gbps in residential for a while. I will add this as a feature request, thanks.

• IMO, multigig on the WAN port probably doesn't make a lot of sense (unless that WAN port is on a satellite for mesh Ethernet backhaul), like JT said, we most likely won't see any ISP offering more than 1G for quite a while, and even though I'm on a 1G Internet pipe, there is rarely any remote server I could pull that kind of bandwidth from.

But a multigig LAN port would certainly make a lot sense to take advantage of the bandwidth offered by AX. I can see how that would greatly benefit the home network, e.g. accessing the NAS. And tbh I am now holding out on AX just to wait for such a router.

• For those of us running in Bridge mode a singular ISP speed no longer remains a limiting factor at the WAN port

But a 1Gbps WAN Port does theoretically choke off 8x8 MU-MIMO by quits bit...

• @UI-JT Honestly a multigig WAN would be awesome. Better yet, two wan ports for bonding two ISP sources. For those doing trading and such, redundancy is a great and you guys would be the best prosumer router in the world!!