Kickstarter Questions

• Since a standalone Teleport option is not part of the KickStarter Early Bird campaign, for those of us who already have AmpliFi home mesh systems, could an AmpliFi HD Router be used to extend the 'teleported' WiFi at the remote location?

So for example, I have a TelePort at a second home outside the USA that needs more WiFi coverage than the TelePort device can manage, can I install the AmpliFi HD Router as a MeshPoint at the remote location for additional coverage of my TelePorted USA home WiFi network?

Are there any new hardware revisions implemented for the HD Routers that will ship with the Teleport KickStarter kits?

I would love to join the KickStarter campaign if the extra router can be put to use.

• @derek-saville

could an AmpliFi HD Router be used to extend the 'teleported' WiFi at the remote location

We haven't tried it, but the wired backhaul mesh point option should work. The Ethernet port on Teleport functions like a fifth LAN port on the router (or a wired WAN connection, depending on how you use it).

new hardware revisions

No, it's the same AmpliFi HD Router.

I would love to join the KickStarter campaign if the extra router can be put to use.

You could join the beta https://community.amplifi.com/topic/263/teleport-beta.

• Sounds great!
    Thank you for the feedback and link to join the Beta.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.