AmpliFi HD Firmware v3.3.0

• @UI-Brett /update: created support request 226113 and uploaded log and details. Please let me know if I should stop posting in v3.3.0 as I'm no longer on v3.3.0 !

@Tony-Penev I too feel like issues have persisted for me after reverting to 3.1.2.

Was on a webex a bit ago and during meeting I noticed my laptop lost connectivity (hardwired) at least 3 times.
    Likewise, 10 hours previously of my nest cameras showed at least 7 disconnects in a 20-minute window. I took a support log during my webex meeting after a few disconnects.

Looking back at my nest history over the past couple days this type of constant in and out of connection for ~20-30minute windows seems to occur at least once every day. But not quite something that's consistently ~24 hour cycle.

I really don't know if this is due to having been on 3.3.0 and somehow it persists or if maybe I simply didn't notice all these disconnects on 3.1.2 prior to the release of 3.3.0.

• @originlly I hear you, my lease validity is set to 12 hours and my network “crash” occurs randomly but like you said, once a day. And every time I’ve updated or rolled back firmware I’ve factory reset and setup from scratch.

• For everyone who is experiencing issues with mesh point connectivity and 2.4 Ghz connection issues:

If you rolled back the Firmware, then the issues "Caused" by updating should be reverted and removed, your system should return to the same state as it was prior to updating, so if issues persist, the issue could be unrelated or something that required further investigation.

To help us streamline this process and help find a solution, please do the following.
    It would be best for us if you can get two support info from the system, one from 3.3.0 (working abnormally) and one from rolled back firmware, with everything working well.
    If the issue is related to a mesh point that drops over time (Not devices connected to the mesh point) it will be necessary for you to generate multiple support files, at large intervals and send us the last 2 when the mesh point is no longer available.

All support files generated in the app will automatically email into our support line, please reference this community post for tracking purposes. If you generate the support files via the WebUI, please email them to me directly, my email can be found in my community user bio.

Thank you everyone for your support.

• Just to confirm that all my Nest issues disappeared when I went back to 3.1.2. So definitely seems to be a 3.0 issue.

• Rolling back resolved my issues (tested for 2 days now)... I didn't think to submit logs - sorry. I can give a brief rundown of issues that were occurring: (I have 3 routers and 2 mesh points)

Pros:

• Download performance was peak - no issues here.

Cons:

• Video buffering issues - some devices/platforms worse than others.
    • Periodic secondary router disconnections
    • Connection dropping on mobile devices (perhaps other devices?)

EDIT: erghhhhhhhhh - spoke too soon, Buffering issue is creeping back in this morning. (Secondary router with a LAN connection to my PC). Probably because 2 of my devices are stuck on 3.3.0 RC6

alt text

• Wow... so as I posted everything was fine yesterday, this morning was "ok" and within 2 hours my streaming videos were buffering every few seconds again. I've just disconnected my secondary router and plugged it back in and the streaming video is perfect again.

There is clearly some degradation over time that escalates very rapidly until it's almost unable for even browsing.

• @Mark-Seall said in AmpliFi HD Firmware v3.3.0:

Can anyone on the team force my devices to rollback to 3.1.2?

• @James-Morgan We cannot force them, but if you can generate me support files for review so we can find the issue more quickly, I will DM you the instructions and download link

• @Mark-Seall Good to hear for you -- bad to hear for me. Something's still up with mine!

• @UI-Brett With this update my network has been plagued by streaming and data flow interruptions on all kinds of devices - windows, Mac iPhones. Nothing else has changed. I just let the system update. I have rebooted all elements multiple times.
    Is there a way to revert to the earlier version?

• @Harald-Striepe rolling back right now. Emailed the Support Info prior reversion. Will follow up after 3.1.2.

• This update obviously came out on beta before it was released to the public, didn’t this problem happen on beta? I feel bad for the people that have no idea what is happening with your product.

• @Harald-Striepe seems better now. Have to wait for more Zoom sessions to see the real impact.

• I found this post yesterday after spending a week trying to figure out what was going on. Every time I rebooted it worked for a few minutes then bandwidth hold drop to 74K. After reading this post, I rolled back and it’s working properly. I still have to factory reset it as none of my smart home devices are connecting after this but I can finally use my network again.

Good to see AMPLIFI support is on par with Ubiquiti support when it comes to this kind of stuff...smh.

Glad to rollback worked! Thanks everyone!

• And... not exactly the best timing in the world to roll out and unstable update. I just hope that for the future AMPLIFI realize that the only feature that people really want is reliability.

• Amplifi’s communication through this bad firmware was awful. I still don’t know whats current or what works. This is not what I signed up for. I'm on 3.25 and 3.3 AND 3.3.1 both borked my network. Do y’all even test this stuff first? How about some clear communication on what the heck is going on would be nice.

• @Mark-Seall I wish that were true, but when you look at all the complaints about perceived missing features, I get the feeling that for some, reliability is second to ever-increasing features.

• Anyone have a link to a good FW that they are rolling back to?

• @propheadcity Before you updated to 3.3.0, did your network function as expected? If so, performing the rollback in the WebUi to whatever version you were on should have reversed the issues restoring it to expected behavior. If it did not, I suspect there may be another underline issue in your AmpliFi or network that was not update related.

We absolutely test our firmware prior to releasing them, and if you would like to join our beta program to be an early tester, we give all users that option: Beta Firmware.

Let's start with what issues you are seeing, and see if we can help you find a solution.
    Do you remember what version you were on prior to updating as well as what version you are running now.

• @MichaelE If the update is not working for you, we suggest using the Rollback feature because it should restore your network to an identical configuration that you had prior to updating. If rolling back did not fix your issue, we may need to do more research with you to find the underline issue, support files created after experiencing the issues help us identify it quicker. What are some of the issues you are seeing?