Option to Segregate Additional 5GHz Radio with Unique SSID

• When enabling the Additional 5GHz Radio and providing it with its own unique SSID, please consider allowing to also optionally fully segregate it into a separate 2nd network from the main SSID

• @Derek-Saville With the new 3.4.0 firmware I think this is available? I have 3 SSIDs, 2.4ghz Wifi 6, 5Ghz Wifi 6 and 5Ghz Wifi 5.

• Hi @Dhananjay-Suresh - yes, you can set a unique SSID for the Addtional 5 GHz Radio, but it is still meshed with Common SSID

My request would be to have the option to give the WiFi 5 radio its own VLAN / separate it from the Common SSID mesh, to be used as a Friend network or IoT network, or just someplace I can add clients independently segregated from the Common SSID and the Guest network

• @Derek-Saville I see, I use the Alien as a standalone router so not familiar with the Mesh config.

Are you saying it's not possible for the WiFi 5 radio to have its own SSID if the 2 WiFi 6 bands have Common SSID Name enabled?

• Are you saying it's not possible for the WiFi 5 radio to have its own SSID if the 2 WiFi 6 bands have Common SSID Name enabled?

Hi @Dhananjay-Suresh - no, the WiFi-5 radio can have it's own SSID, or use the Common SSID, but in both cases, it is still part of the same single meshed network

The Guest network is an example of a second independent network where clients attached to the Guest network cannot see clients on the main network

Some people would like the option of creating a 3rd network, with it's own SSID and password, that is also separated from the main network - for example IoT devices could reside there assuming in this case they are 5 GHz capable and not limited to 2.4 GHz

Very unlikely to ever be implemented on the Alien, but I thought I would ask...

• @Derek-Saville Understood now and that would be a nice feature to have for certain cases. Thanks for clarifying.