Random Rebooting

• Had the Alien few months back, it was decent, returned it as it was too limited in settings and expensive. I was thinking to buy it again and keep it but all this firmware and shutdown scares me to try it again.

• My replacement RaMP unit is now rebooting on its own. I've been in contact with support and they are asking me to unplug the ethernet devices from it and monitor to see if it reboots again. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of disabling my security system and home automation (nor should I have to if the device worked as it's supposed to). This unit was actually a replacement for the original one I bought and it will now be the THIRD Alien that needs to be replaced (the main unit crapped out months ago too).

• Seems like my RMA unit has started random rebooting as well. Does anyone know , does the warranty apply 1 year from that date i got my RMA unit or is only my original purchase covered?

• @Mike-Wilson What the heck is going on with these units? That makes two of us whose replacement units are now doing the same thing that the units they replaced did.

I will say that the Amplfi support people are very friendly and very responsive. They just did an advance RMA for me (again). However, I would rather these things just worked.

• Both of my new Alien routers were rebooting randomly, and I just purchased them today.

I updated to beta 3.6.0rc2, lowered the LED and screen brightness, and switched to DFS channel 100.

No issues so far….

• @dallas-heim They’re both on a CyberPower UPS with Sine-wave as well

• @dallas-heim Never mind. After 12 hours, they rebooted. Returned and got a different mesh system.

• @UI-Brett said in Random Rebooting:

@AR-GC A way you can verify if it is just the radios or the entire network is to check the uptime on the LCD screen or in the app. If it has been reset to 0, then the entire router rebooted.

Where is the uptime shown in the Android app?

• My main unit is now rebooting repeatedly (it's happened 5 times today) and I'm worried it's just going to die on me like my meshpoint did. Does anyone know of any official explanation for this behavior? Is it a power supply HW issue, a firmware bug? Overheating? If this unit fails I'm going to have to just replace this with something else, which is a shame as it's been great up to now.

• My router rebooting him self for 2 to 3 time today any one know how to fix that issue Do you recommend downloading the beta version? I’m using 2 Ethernet port one for Apple TV 4K 2021 and one for Sony LED Tv
    I’m at 3.6.0 firmware My Apple TV’s 4K 2021 on beta 15

• I remove Ethernet cable from the router and connection WiFi for both Apple TV 4K 2021 and my Sony tv I will see what’s happen few days

• Both my main router and my RAMP mesh point have been replaced twice in 19 months due to the rebooting issue. I don't consider four failures for the same issue to be coincidence...