High ping and bad video conference quality

• Hello,

I'm using a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) and when I'm using Microsoft Teams or Skype, there is a high latency as well as lagging while connected wirelessly to the Amplifi HD - AC1750.

If I connect my computer with an USB-C adapter, I will get this following data while pinging the router.

100 packets transmitted, 100 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
    round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.444/0.650/0.808/0.075 ms

If I do the same while connecting to the 5 GHz SSID, I get following response.

100 packets transmitted, 100 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
    round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.992/26.673/669.898/104.431 ms

I have adjusted my mac to have higher QoS. The router is set to Band steering as well as the channels are selected automatically by the router.

Any ideas how I could make the video conferencing-experience better?

• @Alexander-Forsén Hello, this looks like either poor wireless signal or strong interference in your environment, try moving channels or eliminating other sources of interference.

• @UI-JT Thank you for your prompt response! I don't think that is the case if we are considering other routers as other sources of interference I did a scan with WIFI Explorer Light, and noted that there is not much competition (and signal is strong too). Which channel should I move to based on my screenshot? My Mac is connected to the 5 GHz-band according to the iPhone-app.

0_1584721264338_e288c119-9d35-4556-b53f-b844f38d95fb-image.png

• @Alexander-Forsén That looks pretty good.. Can you unplug the MeshPoints and test the ping again?

• @UI-JT I'm only connected to the router and the router is 50 cm from the computer (so there's no walls between the computer and the Amplifi HD).

• @Alexander-Forsén I just want to see if this changes with MeshPoints disconnected as there will be much less radio chatter.

• @UI-JT Sorry for being unclear. I've only bought the router without the MeshPoints so I'm only connected to the router.