Problem with linking after firmware update

• I have an Amplifi HD system that came with 2 meshpoints. I bought a third individual meshpoint over a year ago. System all linked up and everything working fine for over a year. Yesterday my iPhone app told me that firmware version 3.3.0 was available and I should upgrade. I did via the app. After the upgrade, only two meshpoints were visible - the third would not link on. It searched, seemed to link, and then lost the connection. The one that does not link is one of the two that originally came packaged with the router. I contacted support, turned everything one and off etc as per their request, and still cannot link the third meshpoint. I tried the factory reset on the meshpoint, and the lights go vertical as it searches, but it finds nothing at all. What to do now? Support has apparently abandoned me.

• @jpyros The Meshpoint that was factory reset, was it a mesh point from the kit, or the stand alone meshpoint? You can identify them by the amount of barcodes on the back, one = standalone MP, two = Kit.

• @UI-Brett IT was one of the two from the kit. Two barcodes.

• @jpyros If a mesh point from a kit was factory reset, the HD system will all need to be reset unfortunately. You can follow these two guides to perform a backup and restore of you settings, and how to perform the factory reset.

Then, after your system is reset, you will need to add the stand alone mesh point back to your system:

• @UI-Brett I was afraid of that. I'll give it a shot shortly and let you know how it goes. Thanks.

• @jpyros Well, resetting everything brought the third mesh point back online. The signals seems less than what they were, but I'm functional. Now my Control4 system no longer "talks" to my Directv, but I guess that's a story for another day. 🙂

Thanks UI-Brett for the help!

• @jpyros said in Problem with linking after firmware update:

but I guess that's a story for another day.

Whenever that day comes and you are ready, i'll be here to help!