Connected devices cannot reach the Internet

• I have an Amplifi device in our downstairs kitchen which connects to a FiOS Quantum Gateway Router on the second floor. Connectivity is reported as good. When I use my iOS devices in the kitchen, near the Amplifi, they get a strong WiFi signal (3 bars on the WiFi icon) yet I am unable to connect to the internet. Internet requests made from locations connected to the AmpliFi, rather than directly to the FiOS router routinely time out. I have to walk upstairs and sit next to the FiOS router to get an actual connection to the internet. AmpliFi status and diagnostics report "Everything is great" when this is happening.

• My guess, would be DNS related. Is the amplifi in router mode or bridge mode?

• Thanks for this. I am not clear how to determine if the unit is is bridge mode or router mode.
    I took a screen shot of the diagnostic results.
    I ran the diagnostics and it shows the DNS address as 192.168.1.1 this is the same address as the Gateway Address. (All results are checked green).

How can I determine if the unit is in bridge mode or router mode?
    Which mode would work best in my configuration?

Thanks!

• In the "Internet" section of the settings, there is a toggle switch for "Bridge Mode". If your goal is to just get more wifi coverage and expand the wifi you a already have configured on your FiOS router, then put it in Bridge Mode.

• Sheldon, I cannot locate any "Internet" section of the settings (in the iOS app), and I cannot locate any toggle switch for "Bridge Mode". Recall that I am using the AmpliFi MeshPoint with a FiOS router as the only base unit. I have no AmpliFi router in my network.

My questions remain:
    How can I determine if the unit is in bridge mode or router mode?
    Which mode would work best in my configuration?

Thanks!

• With this forum thread silent for several days, I sent an email to tech help. With the help of Ron from Tech support, and Presila on chat we noticed the Mesh point was connected at 2.4Ghz. We moved the meshpont closer to the FiOS router, reset the meshpoint and verified it came back on-line with a 5Ghz connection. I then moved the Meshpoint back into the kitchen and it stayed connected at 5Gh. Signal strength dropped from 76% with the 2.4Ghz connection to only 28% with the 5Ghz connection, however the connection from my iOS device to the internet seems to be working well.

In summary it seems that unless the meshpoint connects at 5Ghz endpoint devices will get a strong WiFi signal but will not be connected through to the Internet. This seems like it needs some attention to be made more user-friendly.