Teleports loose WiFi signal after upgrade

• Upgraded to new firmware. after doing so all of my hardware teleports have lost there ability to transmit WiFi signal. I can see them connected in my AmpliFi app It says in notes that a hard reset may be required problem is all my teleports are 3000 miles away in Mexico. Is there anyway once I factory reset my teleports to get them to connect back to my home network without them being in close proximity to the amplified

• @Mike-Nelson The reset required is not a full unpair/pair of the Teleport devices, just simply trigger the factory reset button on the bottom of the Teleport hardware, which will clear all settings but keep the knowledge of your home locations in tact

• just to confirm you are talking about just a short 1 second reset with a paperclip not a 10 second reset correct?

• @Mike-Nelson Correct.

• @UI-Brett I’ve had this WiFi issue also. I don’t have access to the home router via the app. If I reset the teleport with a pin will it work or does it need re-confirmation from within the app?
    Also how long do you press the pin for it to reset ? Many thanks

• Hi @Mike-Nelson did this work for you. Did you have to re-pair the teleport in the app? Many thanks.

• @krisdelta said in Teleports loose WiFi signal after upgrade:

If I reset the teleport with a pin will it work or does it need re-confirmation from within the app?

Yes, you will need to except the pairing request once again, but this can all be done remote with the AmpliFi app if you have remote access enabled. It will not be required for you to be at home with the Teleport device, that connection is only required in the beginning and not required with a basic factory reset using the paper clip.

• @UI-Brett thanks for confirming. I feared it would need the pairing approval. I removed the old remote access that was google and replaced it with a UBNT account, when I was last at home on the LAN, but since then the AmpliFi HD won’t remote in.

Additionally while I can connected via iPad app with VPN (teleport) and allowed that device to access local privileges it won’t connect either via the amplifi app. Unless you have any other advise to connect to the LAN via iPad?

Will the pairing request just show up next time I’m on the local network?

Thanks for all your help.

• @krisdelta When you begin the process of connecting the Teleport device to the home network, it then send the request. Any devices that has access to the AmpliFi app (in home, or with remote access) can approve this request. If the iPad or phone wont connect remotely, do you have anyone at the house who could launch the app and approve it for you?

• @UI-Brett. Yes sadly I think we’ll have to do it physically when flights reopen and can get home later this summer a good 2000 miles. One final question. If you don’t mind. The only way I fixed this issue of remote login not working on another Amplifi router was to reset it then I could add the ubnt account instead of google. If I do this will the router forget the teleport and I’ll have to re-do the initial full pairing of the two devices via Bluetooth? Or does it remember it’s paired to a teleport.. Thanks for all your help.

• @krisdelta said in Teleports loose WiFi signal after upgrade:

Or does it remember it’s paired to a teleport..

It remembers the paired Teleport if you were to switch your remote access account