Will ethernet backhaul increase my RAMP speeds?

• I just got 1 Gb fiber installed in my house and when I'm wired directly from my original HD unit to my computer, I'm getting 880 mbps down/940 up(using Ookla). My wifi on the other hand is not nearly as impressive. I'm getting 330 down/425 up sitting directly under it. Two rooms over I have a RAMP and I'm only getting 125/140 with 80% signal, probably because of a large brick chimney in the middle of my house. I'm trying to speed up the wifi in the area of the ramp. If I put in a ethernet backhaul from my original HD, am I going to get the same speeds at the RAMP as I do at the main HD router or will I still lose speed? Will I lose additional speed with each additional RAMP no matter if it's wired or not? I'm still running 3.1.2 software. Thanks for any information.

PS-I tried to put one of my original mesh points into the garage of my house to support a video camera outside and checked the speed sitting under my main router. It went all the way down to 100 down, so I took it out the mesh point and it went back up to 330. I have no idea I did wrong to cause that precipitous a drop.

One more question-I had Comcast 250 before getting the 1 Gb fiber and the speeds at the RAMP were actually faster with Comcast and the fiber wifi seems to drop in speed faster the further away I get from the main router. Is this just my imagination?

• If I put in a ethernet backhaul from my original HD, am I going to get the same speeds at the RAMP as I do at the main HD router...

Hi @imamacnewbie - essentially yes, the Ethernet backhaul RAMP will perform the same as the main router

...or will I still lose speed?

No, it is the wireless backhaul RAMP's which lose significant speed because AmpliFI HD routers do not have dedicated backhaul radios

Will I lose additional speed with each additional RAMP no matter if it's wired or not?

Wired Ethernet backhaul RAMP's maintain essentially the same speed as the main router even over multiple hops, and works very well

Wireless RAMP's can degrade throughput significantly, decreasing with each successive wireless hop