Quiet Time schedule seems to have no effect


  • Hello,

    I am using the latest firmware (3.3.0) and the latest iOS app (1.13.0).

    In "Profiles," manually pausing and reactivating devices works just fine. However, scheduled "quiet time" for profiles has no effect whatsoever.

    Also, I ran into a situation in which I could not get a device to work again. I paused the profile. Later, I re-activate the profile. Devices within the profile showed active but had no connectivity. I tried this several times, including various router and device reboots. Finally, I deleted the profile, and everything started working again.

    Any advice on how to get this feature working?

    Thanks!


  • @nigelboid Is your AmpliFi router in bridge mode?


  • @UI-Brett, no, it is not.


  • @nigelboid Thank you for clarifying, that helps me isolate the issue. After you deleted the profile, were you able to recreate it and have everything function, or does the issue where devices don't respond to pausing and unpausing return?


  • @UI-Brett, I have not had a repeat of the manual pause/unpause lack of reaction problem. However, scheduled "Quiet Time" still does not work...


  • @nigelboid Thank you, I will continue to test this and if I cannot replicate I will reach out and ask for you to gather support files for us, during the quiet time, and after performing a speed test on a device that should be paused during that quiet time.


  • @UI-Brett -- thank you. I'll be glad to help.


  • @nigelboid Just tested with two devices added into a profile, and the scheduled quiet time went into effect and caused both to lose data (but not connection) My Note actually told me the network had no internet connection and prompted me to switch Wi-Fi because of it. I tested this both on iOS creating and scheduling the profile, and on my Android and both worked.

    Can you create the support files after performing the test please?


  • @UI-Brett, I have some good news and some bad news.

    Good news: it works! What tripped me up: my kid must have been playing out of the buffer, and I did not think to try something immediate like a speed test.

    Bad news: the interface (iOS app) shows no indication whatsoever that this profile is paused or that any of the devices within that profile are paused. This is unlike the behavior when I manually pause or activate a profile.

    Also, the iOS app kept showing some traffic (on the order of 10 kbps) flowing for that profile and included devices. Coupled with the behaviors above, this also led me to believe that it was not working. Although, I really should have paid more attention to the magnitude of the traffic flow.

    Thanks for your patience.


Log in to reply