Amplifi HD Router vs Instant Router

• Hello! I have purchased an AmpliFi HD Router kit with two mesh points and I purchased three other mesh points. I have a section of my house far enough away from the HD Router that the signal is very slow in the far away section. I would like to hard wire another HD Standalone router but cannot easily find one to buy due to the run on wireless equipment these days. I can find an Instant Router. Will the speed be significantly slower using an Instant Router over an HD Standalone for my backhaul setup? Trying to decide do I keep looking for an HD or go with the Instant Router?

• @Charles-Royce The Instant is considered a lower end model compared to the HD, with only 2x2 antenna vs 3x3 from the HD. If this room will have a higher network demand, or a need for more than one ethernet port, it may be worth waiting for an HD, however depending on your max speed from the ISP, the performance difference between an HD and the Instant may not even be noticeable.

• Hey Brett, thanks for taking the time to answer! Is it safe to say that the Instant router would be much faster than a regular mesh point antennae once it is hard wired and set up in backhaul mode? If that is the case I'm thinking it would be fine. I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know an opinion on that. My plan would be to then use the mesh point antennae's to fill in other dead spots in rooms closer to the routers that are hard wired. I'm a bit of a noob here and appreciate the help with thinking this through!

• Is it safe to say that the Instant router would be much faster than a regular mesh point antennae once it is hard wired and set up in backhaul mode?

Hi @Charles-Royce - yes, a wired Ethernet backhaul Instant (RAMP) would provide better throughput than a MeshPoint antennae