Getting A New Modem For Alien Router

• I was lucky enough to get a single Alien router when the stock was resupplied several weeks ago. Its been great, working with my SB6183 modern. I just received as a gift a Netgear CM1100 32x8 modem. After I call Spectrum and give them the new MAC address and get the new modem provisioned, do I then just plug in the ethernet cable and power cycle the Alien on and off?
    Sorry if this question is so stupidly basic but I just want to be sure to get this correct. My MBP does not have a ethernet port so I cannot "test" the connection prior to plugging in the Alien.
    Thanks in advance to everyone!

• @T-Russ Most users never experience any issues regarding which order the AmpliFi product is powered on vs the modem. But if you want to do it the recommended way to be safe:

• Call spectrum and have them provision your modem
    • Plug in the Alien router and follow the prompts in the mobile app
    • One of the prompts will have you power cycle your modem, leaving AmpliFi powered on the entire time.
    • Finish the setup and enjoy blazing fast Wi-Fi

• Thanks so much.

So are you saying:
    1.Unplug the ETHERNET cable from the Alien router.
    2. Call Spectrum and have them provision the new modem.
    3. Plug in the ETHERNET cable to the Alien router.
    4. Follow the prompts on the mobile app
    5. One of the prompts will ask me to power cycle the Alien router, meaning unplugging it on and off.
    6. When the Alien "restarts" it will now be in sync with the new modem .
    7. Finish whatever prompts/setup the mobile app asks.
    8. Enjoy again BLAZING FAST SPEEDS.

Is the above correct???

• @T-Russ said in Getting A New Modem For Alien Router:

Call Spectrum and have them provision the new modem.

This only needs to be done once, just so they know the MAC ID. This could already be done.

But besides that-

One of the prompts will ask me to power cycle the Alien router, meaning unplugging it on and off.

You should also be power cycling the modem in this step, and the AmpliFi router needs to be fully booted up first before the modem is powered on.

• @UI-Brett

All done and dusted... The Alien is a great router...

Thanks!!!!