Performance Degradation after Firmware 3.3.0. Used to Be a Seamless Network Experience - No more!

• Ever since the upgrade to 3.3.0, I have noticed that my home network performance is lumpy. I haven't had complaints from the family for months - now, every day someone is telling me they can't connect, or their connection is slow or even patchy.

Both meshpoints have 5 LEDs lit. Both have worked flawlessly before. I have changed nothing.

When someone complains, I login to the router and look at the device and where it's connected. Most of the time, it's connected to a meshpoint at the furthest point of the house. Sometimes to the router. It seems that the passing between the router and meshpoints isn't functioning as well as it used to - or the connectivity between the devices (router and meshpoints) is no longer working as it used to.

I used to get 60Mbps down without fail. Now, there are times when I get no more than 1 or 2 Mbps.

It seems from other points there are some issues since this update. How can we get this fixed?

• A bunch of us are experiencing these same issues. Email in a support file from your Amplifi app to them.

• @Robert-Ames

Hi Robert,

I have the same problem. LAN is OK but wifi degrades over time. When it is at worst I have a ping latency of ca: 1000ms.

After reboot of router and mesh points, I got a latency around 20ms for ping. I need to reboot every 3-4 days.

Br,

///Mike

• @Mikael-Johansson
    I was told by AmpliFi to to downgrade to the previous release of the firmware. It’s quite easy to do by connecting to your unit over the web. I have had no problems since. They have said it was a buggy firmware release and they are working to rectify it.

• Just another +1 for issues starting on 3.3.0. Definitely seems to be wireless degredation, possibly related to roaming between base and mesh points. Most of the time reconnecting (turning wi-fi on my phone/laptop) would fix it.

Regardless, I've downgraded to 3.1.2 via the web interface. Thanks @Robert-Ames .

• @Robert-Ames

Tnx for this Robert. I will give it a try.

Br,

///Mike