Stand Alone Aliens vs Alien w/ Meshpoint

• I'm looking to purchase the Alien system for my home, but due to the layout and construction of my home...I'm not sure how many devices I will need.

That being said...If I were to purchase the AmpliFi Alien (Stand Alone) device, installed it at my home and determined that I will need to add another Alien Device. Would I be able to purchase a 2nd Alien (Stand Alone) device and install it as a part of the same network as my 1st Alien Device? Would it behave in the same fashion as the Mesh Point device from the 2-Pack? Will it carry the same name and function properly?

If that capability is there...would I be able to add a 3rd and 4th Alien Stand Alone device to that same network?

• Hi @Arcane-ThunderX -...

If I were to purchase the AmpliFi Alien (Stand Alone) device, installed it at my home and determined that I will need to add another Alien Device. Would I be able to purchase a 2nd Alien (Stand Alone) device and install it as a part of the same network as my 1st Alien Device?

Yes

Would it behave in the same fashion as the Mesh Point device from the 2-Pack?

Yes, but with the additional Ethernet ports and an LCD display

Will it carry the same name and function properly?

Yes

If that capability is there...would I be able to add a 3rd and 4th Alien Stand Alone device to that same network?

Yes

The other thing to keep in mind, if you purchase an Alien Kit, the mesh point from the kit is permanently and irrevocably hard coded to the kit's router, so if the router ever dies, the mesh point is unusable

For this reason many people prefer to purchase standalone units only

If you have standalone units, if a main router dies, you can just factory reset and configure another standalone unit to be the router and be back up and running quickly

And as you said, you can then start with one and add more later as necessary or if your needs change