VDSL Modem and Amplifi

• Hi, i'm currently sitting my amplifi behind a Vodafone router with the Amplifi in bridge mode. All is work fine but has the disadvantage of disabling most of the functionality of the Amplifi.

So my question is, if i buy a DrayTek Vigor 130 or similar can I use that and then take the Amplifi out of bridge mode and use as my one and only router?

I think this is the case but want to confirm before I buy one.

Also is there any point in spending £80 on the Draytek Vigor over £20 for a Huawei HG612 modem? Any thoughts?

TIA

• @Andy-Fogg I am not fully educated on all modems and modem/router combos, but just looking up the DrayTek Vigor 130 it looks to me like that would work and allow you to use AmpliFi out of bridge mode. Please confirm this with your ISP first, to make sure the DrayTek Vigor 130 is compatible with them.

• @Andy-Fogg I can confirm that this will work but you will need to obtain your Vodafone's broadband username and password to be able to get the PPPoE to work.

• Thanks for the replies, the modem should arrive today, so i'll let you know how I get on. Started another job of fixing all the ethernet patching the electrician messed up in my house, nightmare!

• Step one - complete. Username and password from Vodafone over web chat, very easy!

• Well after a bit of faffing around it's all working.

Basically just plug the Vigor in, login and turn off the DHCP Server.

Switched the Amplifi out of Bridge mode and change Settings > Internet > Network Type > PPPoE.

Add username and password.

The is pretty much it 🙂