Amplifi Alien + ubiquiti cameras

• Hi there,

Moving in to a new house, and setting up 2 amplifi alien routers to create a mesh. Trying to figure out the best security cameras for indoor and outdoor, and have heard great things about the Ubiquiti PoE cameras. That said, I've also heard that amplifi & ubiquiti products don't work well.

Has anyone tried this? Does anyone have suggestions? Presumably I could just use a wifi camera system (e.g. nest, etc) but trying to go all Ubiquiti.

Thanks!

• The AmpliFi system will work with the Ubiquiti cameras. The confusion here is that they are on different platforms even though developed by the same company. What that means is that you will need to use the AmpliFi app to manage your network, and the Unifi camera app to manage your camera system.

• Just want to confirm here - I can buy the Ubiquiti Doorbell G4 and expect that it will work with my Alien router? No UniFi protect device required.

• I'm waiting for a Dream Machine Pro to be delivered tomorrow and I plan to use my Amplifi Aliens in bridge mode as access points, because the Ubiquiti wifi6 access points are out of stock. Hoping this with work out till I can get my hands on the Ubiquiti ones. Would have been even better if the Alien would have had the option to be managed by the Dream Machine. BTW I don't think the Ubiquiti cameras can be used with the Alien alone (if that's what you are asking) they need a controller.

• @erikzweigle No I do not believe so. I have all the gear in question. The Alien will handle the WiFi-- but there is no software for your camera. This is clearly stated on the product page.

real-time two-way audio communication.

The camera features a high-quality 5MP sensor with enhanced night vision. Image streams can be viewed in up to 1600x1200 (2MP) HD at 30 FPS. UniFi Protect G4 Doorbell includes a PIR sensor for instant motion detection alerts. Integration with UniFi Protect provides an easy-to-use interface.

Features:

1600x1200 (2MP) HD stream with night vision
    Integrated entrance lighting
    Real-time two-way audio with echo cancellation
    Built-in display
    Dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi
    PIR motion detection sensor
    Weather-resistant
    UniFi Protect integration

View Compatible Chimes

Note: UniFI Protect is required to run this product with full functionality, we recommend using it with UniFi Dream Machine PRO or UniFi Protect Network Video Recorder