Teleport via Two Amplifi Routers

• I like the idea of Teleport, but want to know if I can duplicate that concept by using two Amplifi Routers rather than an Amplifi Router + Teleport? Scenario is second house that would benefit from Amplifi Router + Mesh where solo Teleport is insufficient for coverage.

• I had the impression we could add MeshPoints at the remote location to extend the Teleport WiFi range, which is something I will try out once they ship.

I agree it would be great if they could use the existing HD Router hardware as a Teleport platform for fixed installations, like a 2nd home.

• @derek-saville I think we disabled full mesh point usage at the teleported location. It wasn't a target feature at the time. You can still use them as repeaters. Router-to-router connection is possible, but support will depend on the demand for it.

• @ubnt-gunars said in Teleport via Two Amplifi Routers:

@derek-saville I think we disabled full mesh point usage at the teleported location. It wasn't a target feature at the time. You can still use them as repeaters. Router-to-router connection is possible, but support will depend on the demand for it.

If I understand you correctly, an HD MeshPoint at a remote location can extend the teleported 'Home WiFi' in the same way as they would for a 3rd party router?

But you can't use an HD MeshPoint (or Router HD) as a mesh point of the home base router through the Teleport?
    Or in other words, they won't see the home base router and join the mesh in the same way as if they were local to the router?

In some video streaming situations it would be beneficial to eliminate the WiFi connection at the remote location.

If the current Router HD hardware could support becoming a remote Teleport device, after the first generation Teleport ships, how about a KickStarter campaign to make a Teleport for fixed home/office remote installations to gauge interest and see if the there is enough demand to develop the firmware?

Or consider kick-starting a 2nd Gen Teleport with both LAN and WAN Ethernet ports for fixed installations?

• @derek-saville said in Teleport via Two Amplifi Routers:

same way as they would for a 3rd party router

Yes, that's what we support currently.

they won't see the home base router and join the mesh in the same way as if they were local to the router

Yes, if I recall correctly, we filtered out the necessary SSID for that to happen. Perhaps we can bring them back later.

Router HD hardware could support becoming a remote Teleport device

2nd Gen Teleport with both LAN and WAN Ethernet ports

Seems like there's significant demand for this.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.