IP4 error with Spectrum - use Spectrum gateway and Netgear Cable Modem

• Seems like a familiar problem but last night my internet cut out and my AMPLIFI is citing the IPv4 error. Long call with Spectrum and after resetting and rebooting all three devices still not functioning. Everything was working well although spotty speeds the last few weeks. Does anyone have insights to solving this problem when I have a Netgear C500 cable modem. When i access the Netgear menu it says that the cable connection is good. I also have a landline through spectrum that’s working. So not sure why the internet will not connect.

The interesting thing is that when I use the Spectrum app to troubleshoot it acts as though my cable modem was never registered. I also plugged A pc directly into the modem and was not able to get online.

Any ideas?

• @Gary-Rabishaw said in IP4 error with Spectrum - use Spectrum gateway and Netgear Cable Modem:

tioning. Everything was working well although spotty speeds the last few weeks. Does anyone have insights to solving this problem when I have a Netgear C500 cable modem. When i access the Netgear menu it sa

I've had this error twice... I've pulled out the ethernet cable from my netgear CM1000 & plugged it back in. 20 seconds late it cleared up.

• @Tristan-Baptist thanks just tried that but no luck unfortunately.

• @Gary-Rabishaw said in IP4 error with Spectrum - use Spectrum gateway and Netgear Cable Modem:

Spectrum app to troubleshoot it acts as though my cable modem was never registered. I also plugged A pc directly into the modem and was not able to get online.

If your computer can't online with a direct connection to the modem, I would suspect that AmpliFi would not get an internet connection either.

AmpliFI does have a unique boot order, and if not followed it can cause a no IP address error. Try powering off both modem and AmpliFi > plug in AmpliFi only and wait for the screen to read "Plug in cable" > Ensure the WAN cable is still connected to the modem and power up the modem.

• @UI-Brett thanks for the help. Turns out it wasn’t a hardware problem. I had been running 2 modems side by side (the Netgear and the Spectrum modem for phone) and when I upgraded service it kicked my Netgear off the network and consolidated everything to the Spectrum modem. All I had to do was remove the splitter and the Netgear and connect the Amplify to the Spectrum modem. Problem solved.