AP's POE and NO Mesh possibilities?

• What AP's can be used with the AmpliFI Alien that are NOT meshed, yet the entire WIFI network be unified? Also IF there are options, which AP's do I add to the system? And can they be powered by POE or do the use an AC outlet only?

Is there any AmpliFI system where I can do as I described?

Thank you so much.

• @ronxp2000 In the Alien product line you can use other routers as wired Ap's but you will need to power them with 110VAC. We do not have any products in AmpliFi that are POE, you may want to look at UniFi.

• OK, I can use AC outlet only. That's cool.

But what additional AP's can I add to the Alien that are not mesh type so they WIFI SSID stays unified? DO you have a link?

I use UNIFI all the time, but for this situation it must be something in the Amplfi line because off the cell phone app features for blocking machines (not for me, for a client because they do not understand networking, ip's, etc.)

You say routers??? So you mean there are no STRICTLY only AP's I can use? That I must buy additional alien routers and set each one up as an access point so it all stays unified?

In the Alien product line you can use other routers as wired Ap's but you will need to power them with 110VAC. We do >> not have any products in AmpliFi that are POE, you may want to look at UniFi.

• @UI-JT I believe what @ronxp2000 is trying to ask is whether or not you can use an AP by Ubiquiti, for example a Unifi NanoHD, and connect it to the Amplifi Alien while using the POE injector that comes included with the NanoHD. If not a NanoHD, what about the UAP-AC-PRO? While not fully understanding the hurdles implicated by merging the two technologies, ignorance alone leads one to believe that this might be feasible. Please provide some clarification on this and if none are currently compatible are there any plans by the Amplifi team to allow this capability in the future?

• @Rufusmagoo The AmpliFi Product line and UniFi product line cannot be meshed. The only add on AP option would be a second Alien router added as a wired or wireless mesh point.

As for any of the UniFi AP's, I currently am unaware of any 3rd party mode option them may have which would allow them to operate with the Alien. That would be a question best asked on https://community.ui.com