Future Amplifi HD setup help

• Hello all, interested in purchasing the AmpliFi HD in the near future and looking for suggestions on how to properly set it up with my current setup.

Currently own the following, Netgear D7000v2 router and a Netgear 8 port switch.

What would be the best setup option to connect the AmpliFi HD with my router. I would like to use the AmpliFi HD as my wireless connection as well as take advantage of the 4 ports, and also take advantage of the ethernet ports on the Netgear router and then connect the switch to either the router or the AmpliFi.

Thanks in advance.

• @Tony-Dinis I would suggest you add AmpliFi and place it in bridge mode, this will just require a hardwired connection to the WAN port somewhere in your home. Or if you placed AmpliFi into primary position connected to your modem and place your D7000v2 into bridge mode. I can't speak for Netgear and what options/features they have, but I do know that if you place AmpliFi into bridge mode the 4 port LAN will be active for you to use.

• Seems like the best option will be to set up my Netgear D7000v2 as a modem only and then use the Amplifi HD as my router and wifi. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. Otherwise i will maybe look into a modem only device such at the Draytek Vigor 130.