AmpliFi HD Firmware v3.4.0

• I’m seeing similar issues.

Yesterday I couldn’t connect to the HD in the App anymore after updating to the 3.4.0 Firmware.

Also the Web UI did not load from a computer - just an empty screen.

I did still have connection but the speed was very bad.

When I switched WiFi off and back on, on my phone I got a password prompt.

After I pulled the plug all was ok it seemed but this morning I was again having issues.

I have now power cycled, rolled back to RC3 , updated firmware again and after that reset to factory defaults.

I’ll see how it goes now.

• @Mikael-Johansson

Can you tell me how to go to rc2 if needed?

With the roll back function in the webUI I only see the previous fw I had installed, the rc3.

• Hi @Raka74,

Sorry for any misunderstanding. I was on rc3 and could then rollback to rc2.

According to Amplifi support staff, I have an ongoing case, rc3 should be the same as the prod version released.

I have seen in the forum that others asking the same question as you, to rollback to rc2. Please contact Amplifi support staff they might be able to help you.

Kind regards,

///Mike

• Hi again @Raka74,

Amplifi just released a new beta FW 3.4.1rc0. As I understand from the post it should be a rollback of code to rc2.

If you dare to try it... I have just installed it.... Cross my fingers...

Kind regards,

///Mike

• @Mikael-Johansson

Hello Mike,

Yes I got a notification mail as I’m watching the Beta Updates sub forum.
    Thanks for mentioning though.

I don’t see it available for my system yet but maybe that depends on location.

I’m going to install it when I see it in the app on on the device, because what I read from @UI-Karlis post it does seem there is some source code issue in the current fw.

Kr,

Winfried

• Stable firmware version 3.4.1 has been released. It addresses the issue where system became slow or unstable after some time.

I am very sorry for the troubles this firmware version have caused for some of you.

• Again, wake up this morning after trying the public version of 3.4.0, and all Mesh Points searching, no SSID being broadcast, can’t reach via app as shows offline and go to the base unit and shows no time just 4 dashes across the front. Going to try the 3.4.1 that I’m seeing.

• I woke up this morning and with the same issues. All RAMPs display "connecting" and sporadic connectivity. The main router display was normal. I powered cycled the main router and everything came back up. I just updated to 3.4.1 and will report any issues in another thread.

• Well I spoke too soon that all was ok. This morning I lost remote connection and WiFi has been on and off with devices like Nest disconnecting. Unfortunately I am away and can’t power cycle...ugh

• @UI-Karlis This morning the router Panel Deplay keeps shutting off undefended of Night Mode setting.

Looking for 3.4.1. But now the app lost router connection! The mesh points are searching!
    Time for another reboot!

• Moving to the 3.4.1 thread after update.

• @UI-Karlis 3.4.1 is far far from stable I tried the upgrade from 3.4 to it and it bricked my device

• Hi @Chris-Bradshaw Can you please provide more info? Did you contact AmpliFi Support and did they provide information on how to recover the firmware using Recovery mode? Thanks.

• I have been running 3.4.1 for 2 days now. So far, the network is stable, which is most important to me since my wife and I are both working from home. My system is comprised of four RAMPs connected via ethernet backhaul. I can't comment on Wi-Fi speeds as I use ethernet connections as much as possible. Devices that do use Wi-Fi and all IoT devices were fine over the past 48 hours as well.