Amplifi HD - Draytek Vigor 2860n to Amplifi HD on BT - No IP address

• Hello all,

TLDR: Amplify HD always says "no ip address" no matter what I seem to do when setup behind the Draytek Vigor 2860.

I've just purchased an Amplifi HD and some Mesh Points to upgrade my apartment wifi from a piece of trash that is the BT Homehub 6.

I've got an old Draytek Vigor 2860n (I'm fully aware this is overkill, but I had it already) I'm not using so I figured I'd use it as the modem.

Draytek Vigor 2860 -> Amplifi HD

If I use JUST the Draytek 2860n the connection works fine by just setting the VLAN to 101 and the PPPOE login to homehub@btbroadband.com and the password to BT.

I then plug in my AmplifiHD to LAN 1 and switch the Vigor to bridge mode, put the PPPOE details in Amplify and just get "No IP address". As far as I can tell this should just work.

I've tried:

• resetting both
    • tried with and without the VLAN setting in Amplifi or either
    • the Draytek just with factory defaults
    • the Draytek in both Bridge and not Bridge
    • DHCP on or off.

I'm just banging my head against the wall here. No matter what I do, I just get "No IP Address" on my AmplifyHD. Can anyone provide details on what exactly the settings on the Draytek and Amplifi should be? I must be missing some setting here or making some rookie mistake.

Happy to provide any other details. I really have no clue what I'm doing wrong here.

Please save me.

Thanks!

• Did you do:

WAN >> Internet Access : PPPoE Pass-through -> And TICKED the box "For Wired LAN" on your Vigor?

Also if you connect your PC directly to your Vigor in Modem/Router mode, can you get an IP address and connect to the net?

• @Ali-Hadi

Yes I could connect directly through the Vigor.

That box did the trick. Thank you so much! Don't know how I missed it.

• @hphsts Glad it has worked for you but I would still prefer to use my Vigor as the main router and put the AmpliFi in Bidge mode. This is purely so that I don't lose out on any of the amazing features the 2860 router has to offer.