AmpliFi HD Firmware v3.4.1

• My HD is on 3.30 and 3.41 still hasn’t showed up after 8 days

When 3.30 was released my router received it after a couple of days but it was over a week since 3.41 was released. Not sure what’s wrong

• This post is deleted!

• Uncheck the beta option and then recheck. This resolved the issue for me a few firmware's back.

• @James-Morgan
    I've never had this option enabled!

Actually thought about enabling it and disabling it again. Will try later

• @Timofey-K ah yes, i didn't consider this isn't a beta firmware... but sure, enabling it and disabling it might force the firmware recheck to find the latest updates.

• @James-Morgan
    As soon I enabled “beta” option 3.4.1 downloaded and showed up. After I disabled the option the update still shows up. Not sure if it’s a released 3.4.1 or already downloaded beta though

I guess it doesn’t matter this time because the last RC0 beta was promoted to release

Will try installing it tonight

• FWIW - I also only see 3.4.1 With Beta releases enabled. If I disable Beta, 3.3.0 is showing as the latest stable release. Maybe 3.4.1 got pulled and pushed back into Beta?

• This post is deleted!

• @kokernutz I think I fixed this? The only thing that seems to have worked is changing the password on the wireless network and one by one rejoining my devices. Rock steady pings to the router IP, where-as before I was getting packet loss and abysmal ping times, even when there was no traffic.

All that's left to re-join the network is my Switch, PS4, Apple TV, and iPad. I'm going to wait a day to make sure the problem is gone before I reconnect them.

• I wrote that I have no issues with version 3.4.1. However, it appears that this version has substantially slower connections speeds than previous version 3.3.0 in my setup (10 HDs connected via ethernet, bridge mode). I have no stability issues, however. I hope that the next version will reestablish better connection speeds.

• Wasn’t getting the update on 3 devices so enabled beta updates the they appeared. Deselected beta after the updates so far all is well.

• This post is deleted!

• @EclipsePT so far so good. All seems stable.

• I’ve finally got 3.4.1 after flipping beta switch back and forth. Everything been stable for 21 hour since update, more or less the same as with 3.12 and 3.30

• For those that think everything is running great with 3.4.1, if you have Apple devices check your speeds. I use both Speedtest and WifiMan and the results are consistent. I have a solid 80/10 DSL connection so tests should always be very close to that.

These are the speeds I would get on 3.1.2 anywhere in my house and going through the main HD or the RAMP. These speeds were with all Apple devices - iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Pro. With this firmware "Everything was great".

alt text

Starting with 3.3.0 and still with 3.4.1 these are now the speeds I get with all my Apple devices.

alt text

• @estesbubba said in AmpliFi HD Firmware v3.4.1:

I have a solid 80/10 DSL connection so tests should always be very close to that.

Are both set of test wired or wifi? I have a 1GB ATT U-verse connection and I only get close to that speed when wired. Over wifi I get (depending on whether my Apple device has 802.11n or 802.11ac) between 250-380Mbps up and down. I have a primary HD unit and 2 other HDs in RAMP mode.

Haven't gone to 3.4.1 (doesn't show up on my router as yet and I don't think I'm in a hurry to get it!) so I am still on 3.3.0. But these speeds have been consistent as long as I have had ATT fiber and AmpliFi. Also, my primary HD is in bridge mode so DHCP etc. is handled by the ATT modem.

• This post is deleted!

• @Rakesh-Gupta said in AmpliFi HD Firmware v3.4.1:

Are both set of test wired or wifi?

Both sets of tests are WiFi but I'm not running in bridge mode.

• Although I first thought, that version 3.4.1 is fine like previous version, I can now confirm that version 3.4.1 has substantial issues for Apple devices. On request of AmpliFi´s support I submitted the following information, observations and speed measurement to the support:

I have 10 HDs, the 9 secondary HDs being connected via ethernet backbone with the primary HD.

Firmware version 3.4.1 is installed.

The HD system runs in bridge mode.

A-MSDU is enabled in the WEB UI.

There is no option to enable Bypass DNS cache. I think that this option is not available when the HD mesh system is used in bridge mode, as in my system.

Using speedtest.net I get the following speeds:

1. at secondary HD in living room on the main SSD

1.1) with Apple IPhone X: about 82 Mbps download and about 35 Mbps upload rate

1.2) with Apple MacBook Pro (Retina, 15', Mid 2014): about 103 Mbps download and about 36 Mbps upload rate

1.3) with recent Fire HD 10 tablet: about 253 Mbps download and about 50 Mbps upload rate

-> Very poor wifi speeds for Apple devices.

-> Before the upgrade from firmware version 3.3.0 to version 3.4.1 the Apple devices had a download rate of at least 200 Mbps, very often about 280 Mbps and often of about 430 Mbps, and the download rate was always about 50 Mbps.

1. at primary HD in cellar on the main SSD

2.1) with Apple IPhone X: about 446 Mbps download and about 50 Mbps upload rate

2.2) with Apple MacBook Pro (Retina, 15', Mid 2014): about 268 Mbps download and about 50 Mbps upload rate

2.3) again with Apple IPhone X: about 414 Mbps download and about 50 Mbps upload rate

2.3) with recent Fire HD 10 tablet: about 264 Mbps upload and about 50 Mbps upload rate

-> Conclusion: Firmware version 3.4.1 apparently introduced issues for Apple devices with respect to the secondary HD, but not the primary (router) HD

1. at secondary HD in living room on dedicated 5 GHZ SSD:

3.1) with Apple IPhone X: about 79 Mbps download and about 31 Mbps upload rate

3.2) with Apple MacBook Pro (Retina, 15', Mid 2014): about 105 Mbps download and about 33 Mbps upload rate

3.3) with recent Fire HD 10 tablet: about 245 Mbps download and about 50 Mbps upload rate

-> Conclusion: The dedicated 5 GHz SSD leads to the same poor results as the main SSD

1. at secondary HD in kitchen on the main SSD:

4.1) with Apple IPhone X: about 90 Mbps download and about 30 Mbps upload rate

4.2) with Apple MacBook Pro (Retina, 15', Mid 2014): about 118 Mbps download and about 32 Mbps upload rate

4.3) with recent Fire HD 10 tablet: about 216 Mbps download and about 48 Mbps upload rate

-> Conclusion: Similiar poor wifi speeds for Apple devices at other secondary HD

Addendum of June 25:

The download and upload rates for my Apple devices at my secondary HD in the living room surprisingly turned out to be fine again in new measurements just having been performed in the same manner.
    I measured with the IPhone 407 Mbps down and 50.4 Mbps up and with the MacBook Pro 402 Mbps down and 50.5 Mbps up.

I have no explanations for this complete different behaviour. I didn´t change anything since my earlier measurements giving the very poor rates for the Apple devices. The only think what happend which I am aware of is the downloading of a support file from the primary HD which I sent to the support. I didn´t touch anything in my network infrastructure.

There appears to be a kind of randomness in the behaviour of the HD system which I cannot understand.

• @Harald-Striepe So far I had only one glitch requiring a mesh point reboot since the downgrade.