ISP Test Questions

• The internet service I subscribe to is 400/20. It appears that the speed test built into the IOS App caps out around 150mbps for download. When using other speed tests on a computer via ethernet connection, I can achieve the speeds (400/20) I subscribe to and the display on the routers confirm this.

Would someone be able to confirm what is going on here? I remember reading somewhere on this forum that the AmpliFi HD system speed test caps out at 230mbps due to some hardware limitation, but not sure what to believe since I am seeing different behavior.

If it is the case that the speed test built into the App and/or Hardware is deficient, please have it disabled or removed.

• @Robert-Kwan said in ISP Test Questions:

the AmpliFi HD system speed test caps out at 230mbps due to some hardware limitation

Thats not necessarily what is happening, but in some areas the onboard speed test selects the incorrect server, which gives you slower speeds than expected.

• @UI-Brett - Can this be fixed so that more accurate speed tests can be performed? If it cannot be fixed, can this be removed?

• @Robert-Kwan The list of available servers for this test is constantly growing, so in time we hope to have all areas fully covered.

• @UI-Brett - Does the ALIEN system use a different set of servers? I have a friend who has an ALIEN system and the speed test is able to report his subscribed ISP speeds.