2 Amplifi HD routers and ethernet backhaul Question

• Hi all, I don't own an Amplifi HD system yet, but will soon. I'm trying to figure out what is the best option for me - my house has 2 ethernet drops in each room, so I'm hoping to take advantage of ethernet backhaul, most of my gear is currently hidden away in the basement, but i would like the Amplifi HD routers to be located where i can see them.

Will this work?

Cable Modem (basement) --->
    --> [wan] Amplifi HD #1 (family room) [lan] --->
        --> Switch (basement) ---> 
            --> [wan] Amplifi HD #2 (office) [lan] --->
                --> Computer (office)

It's the use of a switch in between the two routers that I'm not sure about... or do they have to be directly connected ( #1 [lan] ---> #2 [wan] )

Other option is to just get the kit with the access points and live without ethernet backhaul.

Thanks in advance,
    Andy

• @andy-dewolfe This should work as far as I know.

• Just wanted to let future readers know that this setup worked exactly as I had hoped it would. Almost didn't do it though - a single Amplifi HD router removed all the dead zones in my house on its own! These things rock!

• This will not work as the slave devices do not have a separate Ethernet port (wired) so there is no way for you to do backhaul for the slave devices

• @Ian-Aitken he's referring to two routers, not mesh extenders. Also he's already posted to say it works.

• Are the two systems able to work in tandem, similar to having multiple Unifi APs setup with SSIDs etc to take care of the hand-off as you wander from one router to another? Or are they completely separate in operation and are effectively treated as two separate networks?

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.