AmpliFI HD low speed

• @francis0784 thank you! I will check on that but it doesn’t seem to be the problem. Will post next on my restinga today.

• @UI-Brett I did some testing today, and I am still puzzled.

Here is my testing setup:
    You can see the fiber router up top that connects to the FiOS WIFI "gateway" router next to the PC. I have the AmpliFI right next to all devices for testing with a brand new Cat6A patch cable:

0_1593451286221_IMG_4964.jpg

Here is the speed test of the computer connected to the FiOS Router:

0_1593451426045_IMG_4963.jpg

Here is the speed test with the computer connected to the AmpliFI which is consequently connected to the FiOS Wifi Router:

0_1593451551036_IMG_4962.jpg

Pretty significant loss both up and down by connecting through the AmpliFI.

Here is the speed test with the computer connected to AmpliFI as well, but the AmpliFI connected directly to the Fiber Router WAN port:

0_1593451629441_IMG_4965.jpg

Significant improvement.

With the same connection, here is the speed test with the AmpliFI App(12:25PM record):

0_1593451679975_IMG_B90FD48C08F1-1.jpeg

How does this make sense? I am at a loss at the moment.

When I run speed test from my phone via I got 290/213 which is more than from the AmpliFI HD which is connected directly to the router via cable.

I hope this info info helps understand the issue. Thank you all for trying.

• @UI-JT how do I do that?

• @UI-JT I just did and submit a ticket. Thank you.

• @UI-JT seems like they are asking me to return the unit, but then i won’t have any internet. Are they going to replace the units? Refund? If so, can I get the new units first and then send back the old ones to not be without internet? Here is my rma number RM353354
    Thanks!

• @Eduardo-Cavasotti I sent you a PM

• I'm a new AmpliFi HD owner, and I'm seeing similar issues that have been mentioned in this thread. The Amplifi app on my Android phone reports significantly lower download speed from the ISP than download speed tests on my MacBook Pro which is connected on wifi.

The app shows top download speeds near 230 Mbps.
    0_1593556026310_Screenshot_20200630-014220_AmpliFi (1).jpg
    However, multiple speed tests on my Mac (DSL Reports, XFinity, fast.com, Ookla Speedtest) all report over 300 Mbps download.
    0_1593556289978_Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 2.11.20 AM.png
    This makes no sense at all. It is interesting that the discrepancy is only for download speed. The Amplifi app and all of the speed tests on the Mac are in agreement with reporting upload speed in the low 40's.

My conclusion is that ISP download speed in the Amplifi app is faulty and needs to be fixed.

• @_tashi_ said in AmpliFI HD low speed:

My conclusion is that ISP download speed in the Amplifi app is faulty and needs to be fixed.

Thank you for reporting, this has been identify in other community threads and we are currently working to resolve this issue for all users.