Privacy- what data gets sent to ubiquiti or elsewhere?

• Hi, I'm sure someone already asked but i couldn't find.

• do any of ubiquiti's hardware devices (router, satellite etc.) / firmware send any information to ubiquiti?

• if yes, what exactly does it send and can it be turned off?

• do any of ubiquiti's software / middleware (app etc.) send any information to ubiquiti?

• if yes, what exactly does it send and can it be turned off?

• @neelsholgers12

Sorry forgot to ask if it sends anything to 3rd party as well.

• @neelsholgers12 All details can be found Here, and if you have any additional question that are not answered on this webpage, there is a contact email you can ask for more details

• Thanks! for those reading this answer is yes and I don't think so (can disable cookies but it doesn't say you can stop the router sending Usage Data).

Personally I find the section in CAPS a bit excessive and contradictory to what comes before. Maybe "device data" should say "information about your device".

from the PP:

OUR PRIVACY POLICY WAS UPDATED ON JANUARY 1, 2020
    Privacy Policy of Ubiquiti Inc
    ... The term “Services” means the Sites, Web Apps, Mobile Apps, Firmware, Subscription Services and Products ...

1. Information Collected By Us
    b. Usage Data. ... The Usage Data that we collect may include information such as your device data, including your mobile devices, sensor data, device signals, device parameters, device identifiers that may uniquely identify your devices, including your mobile device, web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your devices or browser. IN ADDITION, WE MAY AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT LOCATION INFORMATION (INCLUDING LATITUDE AND LONGITUDE), PERFORMANCE DATA, MOTION DATA, TEMPERATURE DATA, POWER USAGE DATA, AND ANY DATA OR SIGNALS COLLECTED BY THE DEVICES AS PART OF THE USAGE DATA. WE DO NOT COLLECT THE CONTENTS OF ANY COMMUNICATIONS THAT PASS THROUGH OUR DEVICES OR SERVICES.

3. How We May Disclose Information. ... BY USE OF THE SERVICES, YOU EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO SUCH DISCLOSURE:
    c. Third Party Service Providers. ... These third parties may access, process or store Personally Identifiable Information in the course of providing these services but based on our instructions only ...