How many mesh points can I add?

• Hi,

I live in a 5 storey townhouse (basement plus 4 above). My telephone/broadband comes in on level 0. I have 2 rooms (front and back) each level. I've installed the router rear room level 0. Mesh #1 front room also level 0. Mesh #2 I've installed level 1 front.

I have another 2 floors above this to get to.
    Can I install another 2 mesh points above the level 1 Mesh #2?
    Would this be creating a hop?
    I've installed this system to replace an Apple Time Machine x 2 that extended the network. I hadn't realised they were now defunt from Apple.
    Am I advised to get more Amplifi kit or can I have a go at putting in the Time Machines again?
    I also have a Netgear Nighhawk AC1900 router lying around that I got but never installed. Thanks!

• @Louise-Oldfield said in How many mesh points can I add?:

Can I install another 2 mesh points above the level 1 Mesh #2?
    Would this be creating a hop?

Yes, you can add any of the HD stand lone products to your system, and it might possibly create a hop, but it may just connect to the router if the throughput is better. You do not have to worry about a maximum amount of mesh points, so add as your house needs.

Just remember that two kits cannot be meshed together, so any product you purchase to add to your existing system needs to be a stand alone device. This article may help you pick:

https://help.amplifi.com/hc/en-us/articles/235807288-Which-AmpliFi-model-is-best-for-my-home-

• Thanks for this! Really helpful.