Only getting 290 Mbps on 1 Gbps wired connection via HD router?

• I just bought a Amplifi HD router to replace my 6 year old Netgear. The performance on wired is really bad. I have a desktop PC wired directly to it and I am getting a max of about 290 Mbps on a 1 Gpbs connection. If I go direct to Arris SB8200 on Xfinity I get between 700-900. Can the HD not handle throughput above 300 ? This is on wired, not even trying wireless yet.
    0_1593485454352_Amplifi HD Slow.png
    This shows via router, not via router and then via router again. I have swapped cables between router and modem. Is this device just underpowered?

• Is Hardware NAT on in the setting on the Amplifi? Under Setting/General/Hardware NAT

• @Cameron-Jerome Thanks for bringing that up. It was. However I turned it off and tested and it was much better. Then turned it back on and it was even better yet. I turned on Hardware NAT fresh out of the box when it was on a much older I think 2.9.X firmware. Then it upgraded to 3.4.1. I am guessing the settings were messed up and needed to be reset. Changing that setting also improved my Wi-Fi perf. I am able to get to 450 on my iPhone SE 2020. I was capping out at 280 something on Wi-Fi too. I wonder if there are any other settings that are flaky like that post upgrade? Either way much happier now.
    0_1593534885958_Amplifi HD Fast.png

• I think I have the same issue. I have a Verizon 1Gbps FiOS connection. There is an 80% drop in throughput when I am wired directory to the Verizon router compared to wired to the AmplifiHD. No Wifi is involved in any of this. The AmplifiHD is uplinked to a port on the Verizon router. I too have messed with Hardware NAT. It is on now. I've tried different public speed tests site and the percentage drop is consistent. I can expect a tiny bit of overhead going from switch to switch but this is way too much.

• I thought the ports on the AmplifiHD were 1Gbps ports. Are they not? Windows is now only showing a 100Mbps connection. That would definitely explain a lot.

• I wonder if I have flaky ports. I moved to another port on the Amplifi and got a 1Gbps connection. Speedtests a little better. Still not where I'd like them to be. I don't think I have any way of testing the true performance of the Amplifi switch.

• @Jeffery-Hicks The ports in the AmpliFi should negotiate at 1 Gbps, check the cable and laptop. It is possible one or more ports are damaged and you will need to file an RMA.