second AmpliFi HD within one household?

• I'm using my AmpliFi HD for several years now and i am absolutely happy with it. (I connected it to my router and switched off the wifi function of my router.)

Now my sister (living in the same appartement) also would like to install an AmpliFi to her router (and switching off the wifi of it). She has her own router with her own internet cable/provider.

Is it possible that it will cause any problems by using two AmpliFi Mesh systems just beneath each other (with two different providers/routers)? Or is it a question of customizing? Do i have to pay attention to anything?

Thank you so much for your help.
    Matthias

• @maltematz As long as you each have your own public IP from your ISP, then you will not face any issues. An apartment complex with multiple routers all relatively close to each other may cause interference, regardless of brand differences.

The one thing to watch out for (and AmpliFi does this automatically if you did not want to manage it on your own) is the channels that each of your systems are using. If they are in range of each other and using the same channels for 2.4GHz and 5GHz they can cause interference, which may result in slower than expected speeds.

• @UI-AmpliFi great - this helps me a lot. Thank you!