Suggestions on how many Needed

• Hello Ive recently found AmpliFi Alien when looking to replace my Google mesh setup. I have a few questions though.

1. How many would I need? I have a 1902sq ft raised ranch house. All drywall on inside normal wooden studs. My main google router is in central of the house on second floor.
    2. If I need 2 unites, Should I buy 2 routers or the router and mesh point. The cost difference looks like to be minimal.
    3. Anyone know how good it works in bridge mode? I use a corporate firewall in my house sometimes so was just curious if anyone has had any experience in bridge mode.

Thanks in advance.

• @Jeep187 said in Suggestions on how many Needed:

I have a 1902sq ft raised ranch house. All drywall on inside normal wooden studs.

One Alien should be enough if you have placement near the middle of the structure. This can vary however because every home environment is different in terms of interference.

If you do need a second, purchasing two Alien routers and meshing them together would give you a second unit with an LCD screen and 4 port LAN switch, the mesh point in the kit has neither of those features.

• @UI-Brett Thanks for your help! I think I’ll start with the one and see how it works. Then if needed I just order another one as a mesh point. I am glad these can be so flexible.

Thanks again!

Jeep187