How to improve the signal of the mesh point?

• Hello,

Although I have a good connection at my apartment, I notice that the signal of the mesh point is -68 dBm. The mesh point is less than 7 meters from the router, but there are two concrete walls between them.

Is -68 dBm good enough for the mesh point? or should I try to reduce that number?

0_1599036860993_Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 10.50.33.png

Thanks in advance
    Humberto

• @Humberto-Rodríguez-Avila -68 is not bad, however for better performance we recommend -55 to -60dBm. The only way to improve this, would be to eliminate interference (if it's only the concrete walls interfering this would not be an easy option), move the mesh point closer to the router, or move the router closer to the mesh point.

Its a fine balance to find the best placement in each environment because you want to aim for great performance, but also adequate coverage throughout your entire home. If you move either of them closer, and it takes away range in your home and creates a dead zone or a weak connection in a specific area, then it may just be worth it to leave them where they are at -68dBm.

• @UI-AmpliFi thanks for your help 👍