Alien: mesh connected once, never again.

• Managed to get Alien going at a buddy's place. While some hassles aren't uncommon (took forever to get DHCP from Arris SB8200), I was pleasantly surprised when the Alien Mesh was found immediately, and got working. Saturday morning, all was well with the setup.

By Sunday afternoon (at least), Alien Mesh was no longer visible to the app. Alien is located in an attic of a single story home, and Alien Mesh is about 20 total feet away, just below the attic, without ethernet back haul. When they were talking with each other, speeds were very impressive with >300Mb at more than 80 feet away (clear signal once outside the house).

Steps I've taken:

1. Factory reset Mesh (with paperclip). This doesn't bring the unit back and visible via the app.
    2. Factory reset Mesh, then Alien, reconfigure. Alien comes back fine, still doesn't see Mesh.
    3. Factory reset Alien, then Mesh, reconfigure. Still no Mesh.

I've now moved the devices about 10 feet from each other, and the Mesh remains blinking the five lights on the front.

• @stashtv Factory resetting the mesh point, then the primary router and reconfiguring using the app is the appropriate steps to take. After you did this, does the mesh point appear in the app, just grayed out or is it not present at all?

• Factory resetting the mesh point, then the primary router and reconfiguring using the app is the appropriate steps to take.

Did mesh first (easy), then router. No bueno.

To be clear: holy paperclip into mesh unit, wait for the lights to change, release paperclip. Process takes about 10 seconds. Once mesh is showing LED flashing up and down, repeat reset on router.

After you did this, does the mesh point appear in the app, just grayed out or is it not present at all?

No presence at all, in app. The five LEDs on the mesh just run up and down, constantly. The two devices are in the same room, about 10 feet apart from each other, and there isn't much obstructing the two of them.

I really want to get ethernet backhaul going, but these two just no longer want to chit-chat, at all.

• @stashtv I would suggest an RMA on your unit. Reason being is because once you have reset the router and reconfigured in the mobile app, the mesh point should by default appear in the app just grayed out showing that it is offline. If you reset the router and reconfigured from scratch, and the mesh point did not appear, then something else is wrong with your system.
    https://help.amplifi.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007243367-AmpliFi-Returns-Replacements-and-Warranty

• Oddly enough, a few days later, all is well. Went back to my buddies place to check on the setup (couldn't do it in the week), found the two devices in the same exact location, and they were talking with each other. Literally changed nothing between them, and all is well.