Amplifi & Unifi AP

• Hi,

I have just installed an Amplifi HD.
    We also have an Unifi AP-Pro to deal with the thick walls in our house. Both router and AP run on the same SSID.

Previously (with a BT home hub), devices used to route towards the access point or router depending on signal strength.

With the Amplifi HD, devices seem sticky and willing not disconnect from the router.

Can anyone offer any advice on how to resolve?
    I think client steering might help but I can't see this option in the Amplifi HD.

Thanks!

• @jpdykes Band steering is on by default and router steering is off, but you will not see either of these features if AmpliFi is placed in Bridge Mode and an upstream router is handling the DHCP.

• @UI-AmpliFi

Thanks.
    Router is not in bridge mode. AP is wired and just acting as an AP.

Band steering is on and router steering is off.

Still seem to have sticky client devices though which won't move to the strongest signal.

Thanks!

• @jpdykes You will likely continue to see devices stick because BSS wont work with the UniFi AP. It is reliant upon the client devices determining to switch AP's.

• @UI-AmpliFi
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm a bit perplexed though, I didn't have this problem between my BT Home Hub and the same AP.

It's definitely router driven, the system is more stable with fewer page load failures but now the devices (again, unchanged and covering iOS, Windows & Android) are sticky.

Are there any more advanced settings that we could adjust to push the devices onto the stronger signal?

• @jpdykes There are no settings we can use here as again the client is responsible for the switch. The reason it may not be transfering now is because the AmpliFi is creating better signal than the previous device. If the AmpliFi is creating better signal then this will certainly make the client devices not want to switch to the AP. You need to further distance the AmpliFi and AP to eliminate RF overlap.