AT&T U-Verse TV periodically freezes ONLY when Amplifi HD is connected to AT&T gateway

• Hi, I have AT&T U-Verse which had been working fine with an Asus router in bridge mode attached to the AT&T gateway as a wireless access point. In order to improve the reach to the far ends of my house, I upgraded to the Amplifi HD with two mesh nodes. I put the Amplifi in bridge mode and connected it to the AT&T gateway as the Asus had been. The internet works beautifully-- fast, no hiccups, everything is perfect. But the TV periodically freezes or displays a message saying it lost the connection to Uverse, which it never did before. I called AT&T and they eventually had me disconnect the Amplifi. When I did, presto-- no more TV freezing. When I reconnect the Amplifi, the TV freezes almost immediately. It then comes back but freezes again every 5-10 minutes. It seems the Amplifi is somehow putting some sort of "poison pill" on the network that the AT&T DVR/Receiver doesn't like? Any idea what could be happening here?

• Well I found some sort of a resolution if not an understanding. Taking the Amplifi out of bridge mode and letting it manage its own isolated subnetwork resolved the problem. I still don't know what it was doing that was upsetting the U-Verse TV receiver, but by walling it off instead of bridging it, whatever it was doing doesn't get through any longer. Not a great solution but it suffices as a workaround at least.

• @Marc-Fraioli I've got Uverse; it uses a multicast protocol. Needs to be connected directly to the gateway. In my case I've got a wired connection. The gateway does provide it's own WiFi AP as well which you can use, however ATT set me up with their own separate AP connected to the gateway. If you've more than one TV, each gets a WiFi DVR tuner and needs to be on the same network as the primary DVR and gateway. My Amplifi is in full router mode, but as stated above, is not involved in the TV portion of the service. This all means I've three separate WiFi networks so as you can imagine, optimizing all this took a little work.

• @Matthew-Leeds yes, thanks, the DVR is and has been connected directly to the gateway. The Amplifi was also connected to the gateway, and with the Amplifi in bridge mode the two can "see" each other and this causes something that interferes with the TV; I don't know what. But the TV receiver was not connected through the Amplifi, it goes straight to the AT&T Gateway. The mere presence of the Amplifi in bridge mode while connected to the same Gateway was messing it up somehow.

• @Marc-Fraioli said in AT&T U-Verse TV periodically freezes ONLY when Amplifi HD is connected to AT&T gateway:

The mere presence of the Amplifi in bridge mode while connected to the same Gateway was messing it up somehow.

I was running U-Verse and Amplifi HD (in bridge mode) for over 2 years and never had this issue. I have 2 other HD units in RAMP configuration (connected via MOCA ethernet backbone) and the TV receiver units were connected via the same coax.

When I was trying this configuration, I was concerned about the multi-cast IPTV that was mentioned, but for some reason, I never ran into this issue. I've switched to ATT TV recently (ATT's streaming service), so don't have U-Verse TV receivers any longer