Should I upgrade to two Aliens or is my triple Amplifi HD system still plenty?

• @UI-AmpliFi could you tell me if upgrading to the Alien will give me any extra benefit over my current Amplifi HD network.
    200 down/15 up
    3 Amplifi HD all Ethernet backhaul
    15 wired devices through a managed switch into the main Amplifi HD Router.

WiFi devices:

Router
    2.4Ghz 1 device
    5Ghz 0 devices

Mesh Point 1
    2.4GHz 15 devices (2 of them are Ring Cams)
    5GHz 7 devices

Mesh Point 2
    2.4GHz 3 devices (2 of them are Ring Cams)
    5GHz 5 devices (1 of them is a Ring Doorbell)

-So at any one time I have about 30 WiFi and 15 wired devices connected to the Amplifi HD system.

-Most of the WiFi devices are a range of tablets, smart home devices and iphones, but nothing that does any streaming though.

-I have no WiFi 6 devices

-When I monitor the performance of the Amplifi under normal daily conditions, I rarely hit 60 down and am usually maybe 1-2 up. (if multiple Ring Cams upload video it might go to 8-10 up and if my NAS offsite backsup it goes to the max 15 up, but that's a separate issue I'm working on).

-I have great coverage with my 3 HD units so I don't really need more coverage.

-If I upgrade to the Alien I'd go with 2 Alien routers and turn one into a Mesh point and put them in the Mesh Point 1 and 2 locations since nothing really connects where the current main Amplifi HD router is sitting.

Since I don't need WiFi 6 or the latency/throughput option on the Alien. Is there any benefit it would bring?
    I know it has more streams, would that help it "talk" to more of my IOT devices at once and bring down any possible latency in them (not that I really notice much latency now).

I'm trying to figure out if my Amplifi HD system is still plenty powerful enough for my current setup or if I'm maxing it out with so many IoT WiFi devices connected.

Thanks,

• @LainB said in Should I upgrade to two Aliens or is my triple Amplifi HD system still plenty?:

When I monitor the performance of the Amplifi under normal daily conditions, I rarely hit 60 down and am usually maybe 1-2 up. (if multiple Ring Cams upload video it might go to 8-10 up and if my NAS offsite backsup it goes to the max 15 up, but that's a separate issue I'm working on).

This area is more than likely the only current benefit you would see from the AmpliFi Alien. Since you have no coverage issue, and you have no WiFi-6 devices, and your current ISP speed is 200 down. More devices will be allowed to communicate with the network simultaneously which may help you achieve higher than 60Mbps.

If you currently do not have any major issue with the way the AmpliFi HD is performing, I would say to leave your network as is until you have a need for an upgrade, or desire one.

• @UI-AmpliFi Perfect. Thank you very much.

I'm not maxing our at 60 down. When I download something on the computer or gaming system I hit 200 down no problem. Just if say 2 TVs are streaming and a game is being played I'm not usually much higher than 60 down. So on a normal day I'm rarely ever capping my down or up speeds, I typically have lots of bandwidth available.

Most of the things connected are IoT devices which take very little bandwidth, but need minimum delays. I wasn't sure if when 30 low bandwidth IoT WiFi devices are all trying to talk to the Amplifi HD at once if it's too much and it's either missing some signals or delaying some responses because it can only connect/talk to X number of devices at once, and the Alien can connect/talk to X more number of devices at once.

Also, wasn't sure if the more streams and faster CPU would get those IoT signals out to the WAN/clouds faster and then respond back to the IoT devices faster because it would be talking to more of them at once and the CPU can process the packets quicker.

Speed on my IoT devices is key and just wasn't sure if the Amplifi HD CPU and number of streams was bottlenecking my speed and I'd see an improvement on the Alien.

Thanks again!