2.4 GHz not broadcasting

• Has anybody else had this issue? All of sudden around noon today anything that was connected to the Alien via 2.4ghz just disconnected. I have rebooted and factory reset but it doesn't do anything it seems it just stopped working. 5ghz is fine the problem is so many things in my house still only use 2.4ghz, if anyone has a solution I would really appreciate it. I will be really disappointed if I need to RMA again. I just got this Alien back from the last RMA in July, previous alien had the constant reboot bug. This is such a let down, i really love the alien but for $400 i really expect much more.

• @AR-GC If you turn on an additional SSID with 2.4Ghz will a device connect to it?

• @AR-GC If you use the mobile app and create a 2.4GHz only network, can your devices detect and connect to that network?

• I have had this issue since 3.4.1, and have reported it multiple times, but support fails to come out and say it's a known issue.

• @Mike-P We have recognized this as a reported issue, but we have not yet been able to replicate in testing environments or identify the issue based on support files, so the more information we can gather via support files the better to identify the root cause.

• @UI-AmpliFi So you basically your saying don't expect it to be fixed in the next firmware release either. smh

• @UI-AmpliFi creating an additional 2.4 doesn’t work and isn’t found by any of my devices.

• @AR-GC I usually just toggle the additional 2.4GHz SSID toggle on, then off and that works unless you reboot the Alien. Change the SSID to something different than your main SSID so you know it is broadcasting. BTW for me, because I have two Aliens in mesh the issue only occurs on the main router and not the mesh unit.

• @AR-GC It could be hardware related, or it could be something in the firmware we still need to identify and apply a fix for once found. If you could generate a support file from your Alien when you are experiencing this issue, we may be able to identify it and give you recommendations for the next step. Whether its another RMA or wait for a patch.

• @UI-AmpliFi I'm in the Me Too category for this issue. 2.4 GHz is not broadcasting at all. I have turned off Common SSID and named the 5/2.4 Separately. Running Firmware version 3.4.0. 3.4.1. is not available to update on my Alien yet.

• Toggled on additional SSID 2.4 GHz I see the new SSID.
    • Turn on common SSID and then toggle off. Still no 2.4 GHz is seen.
    • Unplugged the Alien and the 2.4 GHz is now broadcasting.

I have generated three support files and emailed to myself.
    Support file 1 is in the state where no 2.4 GHz is seen
    Support file 2 is where additional 2.4 SSID is turned on and seen
    Support file 3 is after the reboot where all is working normally and the 2.4 is broadcasting.
    If you think these files will be helpful I can send them to support. If not I'll send them to File 13

• @UI-AmpliFi Well I have two different hardware versions and If I make the mesh unit the main router then I have that issue with that router. So I am only aware of two hardware versions because when I got a Warranty exchange for another issue I got the newer hardware version. The issue is still present regardless.

• I have a brand new one I got from doing an Rma. It still does it after I reboot. I have sent them logs when it happened and they can’t figure it out.

So here is what is going on with mine exactly.

1. I login to the router and 2.4ghz is fine.
    2. I reboot the router because it’s been up for 3 weeks. (I like to reboot it every once and a while)
    3. After reboot 2.4ghz does not come up.
    4. I reboot again and this time it comes up. This happens every time.