Wifi Package?

• I have the base wifi package that my provider has, will this router increase my speeds and if so will it reach more than 100mbs? If not could someone give me a rough estimate of what the speeds might be?

• @Devyn-Sanders I'm not sure what you're asking. The router obviously cannot transmit data back and forth between any of your local devices and remote devices on the internet. If you have a basic package from almost any provider, it's probably no more than 100 mbits/sec and may be much less. Even without using the WiFi 6 radio, if you're in a house of up to 2000 sq ft you should be able to transmit data from your own devices back and forth to your router at much faster speeds, so the internet rather than your router will be your throttling device.

Does that make sense? Does anyone have contrary opinions?

• @Devyn-Sanders
    To add to what @jsrnephdoc said above.

The Alien router itself will not increase your WAN (ISP) speeds. You will receive what they give you, and only the ISP has the ability to increase that number.

Now in home WiFi, device to device, yes, your speeds will increase. For example: if you are transferring a file on one PC to in your home on the same network, you will see very good speeds, and this is how you will be able to take advantage of WiFi 6 or 802.11ax.

Hope this helps!

• thanks guyus that helped