The AmpliFi Alien have the following finding/withdraws:

• The AmpliFi Alien have the following finding/withdraws:

1. The whole family got headache after start to use the AmpliFi Alien. We are worried to got Cancer for the high power of the Wi-Fi (open the case, but no update yet)
    2. There’s no feature to control the strength of the Power of the Wi-Fi signal
    3. There’s no function to disable the Wi-Fi
    4. There’s no button to switch off the router, need to unplug the power cord by hard power down.

• @boscolee Thanks for letting us know, there are many studies showing low energy WiFi exposure causes no harm or does not cause cancer. You can take a look at this document that cites multiple studies showing WiFi does not damage DNA as it is not broadcasting enough radiation to do this. All of our routers EIRP levels are within legal limits, we already have feature requests for the ability to turn of the radios and I will add your vote for that. If your family is facing an illness please seek medical assistance from a professional as it is likely something other than a router causing this.

• @UI-AmpliFi

Hi,

Let us wait for the firmware updating about adjustment of Wi-Fi power and enable/disable the Wi-Fi function.

Thanks.

• @UI-AmpliFi

Hi,

Let us wait for the firmware updating for the followings:

1. Control the strength of the Power of the Wi-Fi signal
    2. function to disable the Wi-Fi
    3. Interface of App to switch off the router

Thanks.

• One month after these withdraws found, there's NO action take by AmpliFi by firmware updating.

Are they concern what's the customers raised as below in 18 Oct, 2020:

3. Interface of App to switch off the router

• @boscolee Hi.
    We have registered your feature requests but they have low priority.
    We also have not received complaints from our customers having health issues when they are using AmpliFi Alien. So your case is special. If you certainly believe there is something wrong with your unit, you can submit RMA request form and we will investigate your device.

• looks like oversensitivity to me, some people suffer from that 😞 i'm using a Alien router for a long time now and no problems here... are you really sure it's the Alien router causing this??

• @dexx64 Back to the original of the topic, should the router (Amplifi Alien) have the control the strength of the Power of the Wi-Fi signal? If it has this basic function of common router in the market, then it may resolve the headache issue by reduce the power of the Wi-Fi signal.

Hope you can understood this common logic and from the health of view. Thanks.

• @boscolee well, i understand 😉 but if you think it's the Alien router is the problem, what happens if you sit outside, you still get a headache from the router? i'm sitting next to my Alien unit and i feel great, so.. if it is the alien.... then all other wifi 6 routers will give you a headache as well 😞

maybe you can ask the amplifi team to create a special firmware with reduced signal strength for your Alien router and see if it solves the problem

• @dexx64 You can see how AmpliFi caring the customer. They have NO action about the following two points states which related with WiFi (radiation which may affect health).

AmpliFi are NOT care the health!

• @boscolee There is no evidence that the type of radio signal generated by Wi-Fi has any negative effect on health and claims of sensitivity to electromagnetic waves have been studied and have shown no scientific basis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_hypersensitivity

If this were true, extraterrestrial radio noise radiation constantly hitting the planet would be of more concern than your Wi-Fi radio: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_noise

So it is logical that this is not a top priority for their engineering team. Typically the only reason it is ever desirable to adjust output power is to optimize roaming between overlapping access points or to prevent devices remaining connected to distant/weak/unusable signals (high/low Eb/N0) when they would be better off switching to another interface such as cellular.

If the Wi-Fi radios are disabled then it would become a very basic router. There are far cheaper and better options if you are just looking for a router without Wi-Fi capabilities. The primary benefit of the Alien is its Wi-Fi capabilities.