Is it possible firmware updates make a permanent change that don't rollback?

• @UI-AmpliFi My Amplifi HDs have been on firmware 3.3.0 for a very long time and my system has been rock solid.

I updated to 3.4.2 maybe about a month ago and noticed devices would drop off the network, websites taking longer to load and my son was getting a lot of random ping spikes and packet losses when gaming (on both PlayStation 4 Pro and Switch both hardwired) on multiple different games, which we've never seen before.

I rolled back to 3.3.0, factory reset the HDs as recommended, and restored the backup file for all my port forwards and static IPs and settings. But he's still getting a lot of ping spikes and packet losses.

Is it possible that there was something permanently changed in the firmware from 3.3.0 to 3.4.2 that isn't changed back when you do a rollback?

In front of the Amplifi is a bridge cable modem. I thought it was my ISP so they had me unbridge the modem and connect the gaming systems directly to it. I ran it for a few hours not a single ping spike or packet loss.
    I rebridge their cable modem and connected back to the Amplifi HD. Ping spikes and packet losses.

So the only thing I can think of is something was changed from 3.3.0 to 3.4.2 that wasn't rolled back.

Thanks,

• @LainB Hello, it is not possible for the firmware to do that, when you downgrade or upgrade you are changing the system image and it will take effect after downgrade or upgrade is complete. The issue seems it may not be actual firmware.

• @UI-AmpliFi Perfect. Thank you for the confirmation. I'll continue to troubleshoot 🙂