Configure router for a switch to add a few more lan ports?

• Hi,

Just bought the router and it seems all good except I cannot get the devices that I've plugged into a switch to work. They seem to work one at the time but not all at the same time. My question is, are there settings in the app, I should use, to accommodate this use case?

A bit of context.
    I put together 4 raspberry pies, because I would like to experiment with docker swarm a bit -- they all run raspbian jessie, and they are being connected to a ZYXEL Gigabit Switch GS-108B via short eth cables. I have connected it to the router's lan port no. 1. The idea idea is to extend the no of router lan ports (limited to 4) with a switch, arguably a valid use case.

If I connect only one raspbpi, then I see it in the app on lan port 1 and I can connect to it via ssh.
    If I go ahead and add one more, then I will see it in the app as well, on the same lan port 1 (?!) and I can connect to it via ssh but I won't be able to connect to the other raspbpi.
    And so on an so forth. Doing it this way, only one device/raspbpi is accessible at a time.

What do I have to do to see the switch devices as part of the same network?

Thanks in advance,
    Lucian

• Pretty sure that the 4-LAN ports on the router are a SWITCH, not a HUB.
    I have a 16-Port switch connected to router LAN port #1 and an 8-Port switch in LAN port #2. At least one of the devices on the 16-Port switch (Roku Box) routinely "talks" to a device on the 8-Port switch (Video Server).

• @adolfo-biagioni-0 should I try a different switch perhaps? this one I have is old indeed.

• @lucian-naie Couldn't hurt as switches are very inexpensive, smaller & way more power efficient these days. A new one doesn't have a fan in it 🙂

• @lucian-naie

A bit of context.
    I put together 4 raspberry pies, because I would like to experiment with docker swarm a bit -- they all run raspbian jessie, and they are being connected to a ZYXEL Gigabit Switch GS-108B via short eth cables. I have connected it to the router's lan port no. 1. The idea idea is to extend the no of router lan ports (limited to 4) with a switch, arguably a valid use case.
    If I connect only one raspbpi, then I see it in the app on lan port 1 and I can connect to it via ssh.
    If I go ahead and add one more, then I will see it in the app as well, on the same lan port 1 (?!) and I can connect to it via ssh but I won't be able to connect to the other raspbpi.
    And so on an so forth. Doing it this way, only one device/raspbpi is accessible at a time.

Hi,
    Have you tried multiple raspberry pies connected directly to AmpliFi Ethernet LAN ports (without 3rd party switch)?
    Could it be that raspberry pie devices reusing same MAC address or IP address?
    Where is ssh client connected (Ethernet LAN or WiFi client PC)?
    Thanks!

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.