Bell Homehub 3000 + Alien = Double NAT. How do I fix this?

• There have been ways people have fixed the double nag issue with other products but I don’t see anything for the amplifi alien 😕

I’m not trying to remove the home hub from the equation. Rather wanted to see if there was a proper way for me to setup the DMZ method mentioned by other people on reddit. Any ideas on how to go about this would be appreciated because I for the life of me can’t get this to work haha

Context on what other people are doing

I tried the steps but my internet kept disconnecting intermittently iirc, and I think my NAT was still moderate

• Krio, I didn't know what a Bell Homehub 3000 was, but it sounds as though it's a modem/router combination. It also sounds as though you're trying to use BOTH devices as routers, which of course is what creates double NAT. I'm definitely a novice in networking jargon, and perhaps what you refer to as DMZ is a means to isolate the subnet broadcast by the SSID of one router from that broadcast by another, but I'm just guessing, and I don't understand what you're saying when you write "my NAT was still moderate."

Can you clarify?

• @jsrnephdoc The HH3k is the modem/router given to me by my ISP. I need to still use it to take in a signal from the fibre connection and avoid the router side of it completely and use the alien as the router.

• @Krio , that's what I assumed. Can your ISP give you instructions for putting the Bell Homehub into bridge mode? And I still don't know what you mean when you say your NAT was "moderate."