Guest Network WAN Access Fails on a Recurring Basis

• Products affected: Amplifi HD Router x1, Amplifi Instant Router x1 (connected via wired backhaul)
    Firmware versions affected: 3.4.2, 3.4.3
    Guest Network settings: Max Guests set at Infinite, "Always On" enabled

Issue Description:

I've been having a recurring issue with the guest network feature (to be clear, the main network is unaffected). In the last 7-10 days, the guest network will suddenly stop providing WAN access. The guest network itself is still broadcasting and devices can connect to it. But any devices on the guest network cannot actually access any website and devices on the main network cannot connect with any of the IoT devices that I placed on the guest network.

A reboot of the router appears to fix the issue. But, the guest network will drop WAN access again about 24-36 hours after a reboot.

According to the Amplifi app, "Everything is great" even when guest network WAN access is down. The Diagnose tab also gives all green check marks even when guest network WAN access is down. The issue started suddenly under firmware 3.4.2, which had been working properly for several weeks, if not months. I updated to 3.4.3 in the hopes that would fix the issue. But it appears all the update did was provide another chance for the router to reboot and ameliorate the issue for 24-36 hours.

Does anyone else have a similar issue and/or solution?

• I have the same problem. After years of working fine, this showed up in the last several weeks. Specifically, the guest network loses the ability to make DNS queries. For instance when WAN is down for guest clients, I can still ping 8.8.8.8 by IP.

It doesn't seem like any details of the guest network are configurable, including which DNS server clients are given.

Would love to know if there is a solution as IoT devices are all complaining.