Amplifi HD kit vs 2 Ampifi R vs 2 Asus RT-AC68U

• Hello,

I am looking at updating my wifi system but before I do I want to do a little research first. Right now I have two Asus RT-AC68U routers, one as main router and one as an access point. I have a wired connection between them. The only issue I have with this is that I drop connection when it switches me between routers. When using Wifi calling it drops the call. Would I have this issue with the Amplify HD kit or with 2 Amplifi routers using the hardwired mesh network?

Also, do you lose speed when using a mesh network? Does this slow down wifi? Does it slow down the WAN port? I think I have seen somewhere that it says it cuts the connection speed in half. I currently have GB internet.

Thanks!

• From my experience, you do lose a bit of WiFi speed when using mesh point and you will with every 'hop'. (each mesh point)

If you're looking for more of a solid speed, then I'd opt for the 2 routers and use the ethernet backhaul as you are now - that way there is no degradation of the WiFi signal.

Looks like your connection to AmpliFi was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.