Separate 2.4GHz and 5GHz primary SSID?

• Is there no way to separate these? i.e. broadcast with separate names? I know you can add secondary of either (or both) but currently i am being advised by a 3rd party to 'turn off 5G' on the SSID i want to use... (I am diligently following their instructions so that when they fail, I can get a warranty return).

Also, are there 'routing issues' with some apps / hubs when you have multiple SSIDs? e.g. if I add a separate 5G and 2G SSID, will any hubs on the primary 2G/5G SSID have issues connecting with devices on the separate 2G SSID?

• If you need it temporarily just to prove your point (that there is no reason to separate SSIDs) then you can enable “receive beta software” via web UI. There are no beta versions for HD at the moment but this will activate beta options in the web UI where you can disable 5GHz radio temporarily

• @Keith-Williams said in Separate 2.4GHz and 5GHz primary SSID?:

will any hubs on the primary 2G/5G SSID have issues connecting with devices on the separate 2G SSID?

I have an additional 2.4 SSID for a HomeKit device that I want to connect only for the particular mesh point. Zero issues and no difference with the main SSID