I'm still running 3.1.2 for stability and I'm getting a new RAMP

• to expand my system connected via ethernet backbone. I've currently got a main router and a RAMP connected wirelessly. Is there any way to load just the 3.1.2 update on the new HD router or do I have to jump thru tons of hoops and upgrade them 1 or all roll them back to 3.1.2. Please tell me there's something I can do easily.

While I'm asking, I should turn on the Ethernet Backbone and that's the only change that I will need to make?

• Hi @imamacnewbie - what I do personally...make sure you have a copy of firmware image v3.1.2 for HD routers

Install the new standalone HD router in DHCP mode as a second router behind your existing main router with a unique SSID (just as if you were installing it connected to a modem / ISP gateway)

Login to the new HD router's web UI and manually install v3.1.2 if it has been delivered with a different release

Factory reset the new HD router with a paperclip

Install the new HD router as wireless RAMP to main mesh and follow the instructions to enable Ethernet backhaul
    https://help.amplifi.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006826048-How-to-Enable-Ethernet-Wired-Backhaul

• Where do I get the copy of v3.1.2?? That's what I'm trying to find out. Could you be more specific as to how you install 3.1.2?

Am I understanding you correctly? I disconnect temporarily my current two routers(main and RAMP) and attach my new router directly to the ISP modem using the web interface, not the app. I somehow install 3.1.2, then I disconnect the new RAMP and factory reset. I then reconnect my current router(main mesh) & RAMP & add the new ramp back to the system via the app. Do I have all that right?

• This post is deleted!

• Where do I get the copy of v3.1.2?

Hi @imamacnewbie - annoyingly AmpliFi does not make their firmware files public
    You need to request the firmware download link via Email to help@amplifi.com or use the Chat function on https://help.amplifi.com/

Could you be more specific as to how you install 3.1.2?

Once you have downloaded the firmware file make sure you are connected to the SSID of the router you want to downgrade, or a LAN port of the router, and use the manual firmware install page of the router's IP address - for example http://192.168.153.1/fwupdate.php

You can obtain the IP address on the LCD display of the router itself...
    https://help.amplifi.com/hc/en-us/articles/220978907-Does-AmpliFi-have-a-web-interface-

Am I understanding you correctly? I disconnect temporarily my current two routers(main and RAMP) and attach my new router directly to the ISP modem using the web interface, not the app

You can do it that way, or you can install the New router to your Main router (not the ISP modem), connecting the WAN port of the New router to a LAN port on your Main router and configuring the New Router in DHCP mode

The New router will now be a new installation operating independently, just give it a new unique SSID different from your Main router

Both ways are essentially the same, it's just a matter of if you want to disconnect your existing installation or not in order to check and downgrade the firmware of the New router

If installing the New router to your ISP modem is easer that will work too

I somehow install 3.1.2, then I disconnect the new RAMP and factory reset. I then reconnect my current router(main mesh) & RAMP & add the new ramp back to the system via the app.

You are first installing the New router as an independent standalone router and then manually installing v3.1.2

Once v3.1.2 is installed you can then factory reset the New router with a paperclip and follow the process to install it with the app as a new wireless RAMP to your already existing mesh, and then enable Ethernet backhaul

• Thank you so much for your reply. I know just enough to be dangerous to myself and I'm mystified at some of the more technical responses. My RAMP is on it's way, so I guess the next step is going to be getting that download link. Thanks again for taking time to spell out the steps, I truly appreciate it.

• Hi @imamacnewbie - if it helps, don't think of it as buying a "RAMP" for your current setup

Think of it as buying and installing a brand new router, installing firmware v3.1.2, factory resetting it, and then you have a new RAMP

If taking your existing setup temporarily offline and hooking up the new router directly to your ISP modem is easier then it should be fine

Some ISP's don't always react quickly to the MAC address of a primary router changing, so that's why I setup the new router attached to the main router instead, but either way works

• @Derek-Saville Last night I finally got my courage up and set up the new RAMP. Thanks to your instructions, I upgraded to 3.1.2 with no problem. I got to the the last step with the factory reset of the unit and I can't get the silly thing to reset. Got the paperclip, stuck it in the hole, waited 5 seconds and nothing happened. Tried it again for 10 seconds, still nothing happened. What am I doing wrong? I have the unit turned on when I try to reset if that's a problem.....Can I reset the unit by going on line and resetting it with the online UI?

It is showing up in the AmpliFi app, but it's not acting like the other RAMP. It won't connect until the unit is pressed on the app, but then it connects fine. When I run diagnosis, it says 2 meshpoints are connected like it should. If you could help again, I would appreciate it

• Can I reset the unit by going on line and resetting it with the online UI?

Hi @imamacnewbie - you can perform a factory reset from the app...more instruction are on this page:
    https://help.amplifi.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000404608-How-to-Reset-your-Devices-to-Factory-Default-Settings

As for the paperclip method, you have to make sure you are pushing straight in, all the way until you can feel the button which springs back - I recall it can be easy to miss to one side

You should definitely feel a tactile response

The unit should be powered on and press the reset button and hold it until the LCD screen changes and says it is rebooting

Please send a screen shot of what you see on the main system page of the app if you can, so we can see what is going on with the configuration

Make sure you just have your original main router and ramp present and remove any other mesh points

Then factory reset the new RAMP, power it up, and install it as a new wireless mesh point to your main router

• @Derek-Saville Just came in for my final report. I got the new RAMP reset finally. Straight in wasn't the problem, the depth of the reset button was the problem. I didn't realize it was that far down. Once I determined that, everything else was easy as pie. Got the RAMP in, the ethernet backbone connected, it's running 3.1.2 and it is getting about 350 down/300 up. Should be more than I need

Can't thank you enough