Extra 5G

• I have a device that insists upon picking the 2.4 network instead of the 5 because the signal is "stronger" even though the throughput is lower. To force it, I turned on the additional radio, picked a different SSID and forced the device to connect to it. That works, but I'd really like the "hide" that network so I'm not doing tech support for the people in my family who will invariably try to connect to it. Is that possible?

• @rickeames said in Extra 5G:

have a device that insists upon picking the 2.4 network instead of the 5 because the signal is "stronger" even though the throughput is lower. To force it, I turned on the additional radio, picked a different SSID and forced the device to connect to it. That works, but I'd really like the "hide" that network so I'm not doing tech support for the people in my family who will invariably try to connect to it. Is that possible?
    Band sterring -on?
    Router sterring -off ?
    Is a question.

• @banus1

yes, band steering is on, router steering is off. Roku TV still insists on grabbing the 2.4 signal as it sees it as 'stronger' yet the 5 has more bandwidth. I fixed it with the extra radio on and forcing it, and have no problems. So I do not think the TV was being steered properly.