LCD Front Display disappears and wont respond

• Does anyone else have the issue with the front display going blank and only comes back after a reboot of the device.?

• Yep, mine just went dark today. I've tried power cycling, resetting, and the beta. Nada.

• @r8ders2k said in LCD Front Display disappears and wont respond:

mine just went dark today. I've tried power cycling, resetting, and the beta. Nada.

yep, support is garbage, they asked me to fill in a warranty claim then told me the device was out of warranty, its only 2 weeks old.
    then they told me to log a new warranty.
    Just updated the FW to 3.5 and it stuck on 99% still initializing for the past 2 30min

Taking back to store handing it back.

just going to buy a Netgear.

• I read in another thread it was said it was a software bug that would be fixed, and now they are asking people to RMA, including myself.... I Don't know what is going on.

My screen is working fine right now. I only had to disappear when I saw the notice to upgrade the firmware on the LCD screen from RC6 to RC8. I did the upgrade from the App and then did a hard reboot by unplugging and the screen came back.

I would suggest everyone seeing the problem definitely fill out the bug report form so Amplifi can see how widespread the problem is and if they can fix it through software.

• @Racerprose
    Please let us clarify the situation. There are two parallel issues - the first was actually software-related and was fixed while in Beta stage, but there is also a standard fail rate that every hardware device has. Usually, it is under 1%.
    From the support file investigation, we concluded that your unit falls into a second category. So if you agree we would like to replace the unit.
    Just a reminder that the Beta feedback form is for Beta program users only. In any other case, issues must go through a support team by filling the form here.
    Thank you!

• @UI-AmpliFi I’m still waiting for the RMA approval.

• @UI-AmpliFi Thanks for explaining. I will reach out to the RMA department.

• @UI-AmpliFi said in LCD Front Display disappears and wont respond:

nvestigation, we co

I didnt even get to send you the support file, i was told my unit wasn't under warranty, "it was 2 weeks old"
    I then got told to supply an invoice, and create a new RMA.
    I don't know if the unit is hardware of software issue.
    How do i get this unit investigated further, and what's the protocol in Australia, surely I'm not expected to send the unit back to the supplier and wait 2-3-4 weeks without a modem to have it replaced while you guys try and figure out what's going on?

• @UI-AmpliFi My RMA has been approved.

• Please let us clarify the situation. There are two parallel issues - the first was actually software-related and was fixed while in Beta stage, but there is also a standard fail rate that every hardware device has. Usually, it is under 1%.

Hi @UI-AmpliFi - for units that experience this hardware failure, will you be replacing them even if outside of the warranty period?

Or is your 1% comment just a general statement?

You didn't put any time metrics on the 1% or clarify if this issue was outside of norm considering you used the term "Usually"

That could imply this is a known potential defect...

• @Derek-Saville Thank you for your question. The 1% was a general statement.
    The warranty time of one year is for such cases and protects the client if there is a hardware issue. And then the defective unit is being fixed or replaced. For more information please see our Product Warranty section.

• @kovasp I'm getting the same runaround as well. If support continues to be this bad I'm just going to do a chargeback.

• FWIW, I posted in another discussion, but I did receive my replacement Alien router and MeshPoint pair and it's nice to have a working screen on the router.

• @microkraken Hi. Please check your direct messages.
    Thank you!

• Running 3.5.1 my display has not come back on during the morning 0800 startup. Turned off nighttime mode. What is the current recommendation. Part of Alien and Mesh pair.

• I too am having this issue as well. It all started the first time I turned Night Mode ON. After two days the display would not come back on. Having read previous messages the only thing that worked was to unplug and replug in the router which brought my display back. However I turned night mode off and I'm still having the same problem where every 24 to 48 hours my display goes black or dark as I can see it slightly lit up but doesn't show anything. I thought there was going to be a firmware upgrade to resolve this issue but as of yet I am still having the problem. Any other suggestions? Not that it's a super big problem as I use my iPhone to modify the Alien but hey! I do like the cool look in the front and the graphs etc.

Thanks,
    Craig

• Apparently passed on reading in this thread and the other thread in bug reports, there was a software error in the 3.5 betas that caused software to turn off. Subsequently there was hardware error that was identified, that requires replacement of the units.

-usna92